Selecting Your Choice Dining

GatorTide

Sailing Liberty next month. My mom did the booking and selected early seating which I'm not interested in doing. Do we need to contact travel agent and let them know we want YCD or can we just deal with it once we board the ship?

Sailing Liberty next month. My mom did the booking and selected early seating which I'm not interested in doing. Do we need to contact travel agent and let them know we want YCD or can we just deal with it once we board the ship?

You can actually go to Carnival Cruise Manager and edit your dining preference online. If you wait till you are onboard, it may be too late to change.

Just like a restaurant at home. It is best with small groups.

It's also called Any Time Dining. You go to your assigned MDR whenever you want as opposed to assigned dining where you're assigned a MDR, time and table.

Different MDRs or areas are either assigned or anytime. It will be noted online and on your ship card.

Edited by SadieN

It doesn't give me the choice to make changes. All it seems to do is take me to the FAQ about dining options. I just went ahead and did my online checkin but I don't really see anything about dining times at this point.

I was already logged in, so my red flag was showing. I clicked on the flag, which took me to My Cruise Manager, then on the line under the booking number (guests, ship, sail date, etc) there is a Cruise details link at the end of that line. If you click that, it should bring you to a screen where you can edit your bed preference and your dining preference. For my cruise, Early dining is waitlisted, so I can choose from waitlist, YTD, or late seating.

My Ship:

Carnival Fascination

# of Guests:

Stateroom:

(I deleted this info)

Bedding:

King Bed Edit

Dining Time:

Your Time 5:45-9:30 (Confirmed) Edit

Sail Date:

Jun 15, 2015

Edited by keywest1

Just like a restaurant at home. It is best with small groups.

It's also called Any Time Dining. You go to your assigned MDR whenever you want as opposed to assigned dining where you're assigned a MDR, time and table.

Different MDRs or areas are either assigned or anytime. It will be noted online and on your ship card.

Is there typically a wait? We tired that on NCL and it was a mess! long waits, and ended up having to select a time/place for the rest of the trip so we didn't have long waits. Or can we select a time? like 6 rather than 530.

Thanks.

Is there typically a wait? We tired that on NCL and it was a mess! long waits, and ended up having to select a time/place for the rest of the trip so we didn't have long waits. Or can we select a time? like 6 rather than 530.

Thanks.

I don't think it will be as much of an issue as it may have been on NCL. Fromwhat I understand, everyone has YTD on Norwegian. On Carnival, a lot of people still have assigned dinner. We have had to wait no more than 15 minutes, and that was only because we prefer to wait for a table by ourselves. We tend to eat around 7, and there are two of us.

If you went through a travel agent you will likely have to get them to request the change.

We have four cruises currently booked through a TA and have the option to edit our dining preference online at Carnival.com for each of them.

Edited by dioxide45

Thanks.

It depends on when you go to eat and when everyone else goes to eat on your cruise. Typically around 6:30-7 and Cruise Elegant nights have the longest waits. It pays to be flexible. There might be shared tables open and a wait for two tops. Each cruise is different. Carnival does not take reservations for tables.

We have four cruises currently booked through a TA and have the option to edit our dining preference online at Carnival.com for each of them.

Good information to know. I was under impression that TA had to make changes so that is good to know for those that use TA's.