Dockyard Availability?

sail7seas

Past cruises to Bermuda, we docked in Hamilton.

This time we are docking at the Dockyard.

Is there anything much there? I imagine this has been asked but I'd like

to know if the other info posted is current. Places open/close, come and go. :D

Any decent restaurant for lunch? Any shopping?

Thanks.

There's s lot there. Frog and Onion and Bonefish are two popular restaurants. There's shopping in the Clocktower Mall and elsewhere in the Dockyard. It's just a 20 minute ferry ride to Hamilton if you wish to go there, or 45 minutes by ferry to St. George's. #'s 7 & 8 bus lines run from the Dockyard.

You might want to check out their website: http://www.thewestend.bm/

Here's a map from the website: http://www.thewestend.bm/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Brochure-Map-and-Info-20142.pdf

Edited by njhorseman

Thanks.

There are several restaurants as well as shops at the Dockyard. There is also a very interesting museum there covering the history when it was a true British naval dockyard. The Commodore's House which sits high up on the ridge has been nicely restored and houses a good collection of maritime art and artifacts. Plus, the view from the balcony is fantastic.

Seven Seas -- the Frog and Onion is a great place for lunch! And, there is some nice shopping at the Clocktower Mall. There's also a nice little local artist's gallery, a Clay-Works, and a glass-blowing shop. You'll find the glass-blowers in the same building as the Rum-Cake factory (very good rum-cake, BTW).

There are several restaurants as well as shops at the Dockyard. There is also a very interesting museum there covering the history when it was a true British naval dockyard. The Commodore's House which sits high up on the ridge has been nicely restored and houses a good collection of maritime art and artifacts. Plus, the view from the balcony is fantastic.

Touring the fort is awesome if you are into that sort of thing. We do it every time we go to Bermuda because they are always working at improving it. Dolphin Quest is inside the fort and you can go and sit and watch the dolphins which we also do every time we visit Bermuda.

Laura

Thanks.

Go up to the bus lot @ the prison .

Go in the P.O.R.C. club and tip a couple with the local's . :D

The cook @ night dish's out some serious local chow .

P.S. to make friend's fast , ring the bell @ the bar to buy a round for the house .

Edited by biker@sea

http://www.artbermuda.com/

SailSevenSeas -- Couldn't remember the name, but I finally found the website for the local art gallery (link above): the Bermuda Art Centre at Dockyard. If I recall correctly, it's not too far from the Frog-and-Onion. If you enjoy works by local artists, be sure to stop by! :cool:

Thank you. I most certainly will stop by.

Docking in Hamilton next month, but in the past we docked at the Dockyard. It has a lot of nice shopping, the glass blowing demonstration is interesting, and there is a very nice ice cream counter inside the pharmacy there. We didn't care for the stand alone fro-yo shop, the ice cream counter in the pharmacy is better.

DH told me last night that he wants to take a day and go over to the Dockyard to walk around, visit the museum, shop etc. We like it that much.

Lorie