Congrats to NCL, you have innovated again!

pokerpro5

There is no sense arguing with that guy. He has an agenda and will stick to it. For some reason, he is trying to make NCL look bad so no one will sail on it.

Everyone is entitled to push an agenda; using an advertisement ploy from a well-known travel agency like its the gospel of truth /confirmed fact of a cruise line 'decline' is not one of them...

Edited by maywell

This comment about the QM2 made me smile:

A Luxury Liner is not for the likes of working class people.

One has to have a liking for the finer things in life. Ordinary people would not like the activities here. Working class people would be better suited to package holiday by a pool.

I fear they would not appreciate the quality of entertainments offered.

That really is funny, is this quote for real? Guess that's why I do not like Cunard.

That really is funny, is this quote for real? Guess that's why I do not like Cunard.

Yes, but most likely from a troll.:cool:

However it has been rumored, some Cunard cruisers have their nose so far up in the air, you could pour tea down it.:D

Edited by $hip$hape

Ummm... do you mean spring break 2016? Because spring break just passed.

Please read my subsequent post about the matter. I'm saying that the opportunity to grab 14-55 days before megadeals is mostly gone now.

Prior to 2015, booking way in advance was not a good deal, aside from suite bookings or itineraries/dates where the ships typically fill early. So it doesn't surprise me that you aren't seeing much of a negative difference, or perhaps one in your favor.

Prior to 2015, if you booked a year in advance for a balcony/oceanview/inside, you were getting a bad deal, with only a few exceptions. Nobody likes to admit that they got a bad deal, so this board had all kinds of rationalizing as to why booking early was best and/or cheapest, when in fact this wasn't true.

This thread is acknowledging that things have totally changed this year, and now booking early actually does seem to be best.

Oh, I see. I must have misunderstood. Yes, I was referring to Spring Break 2016. Sorry about that.

Edited by SissasMomE

I agree with the OP, I went on my first cruise last year (Getaway over Easter, leaving the day before), and took my 3 kids (husband did come on this trip). we had forward adjoining balconies on Deck 11. We had a fabulous time, I was so excited to think I had found another great way for us to vacation as a family, etc. I paid about $800 pp, including taxes and fees, and got udp free.

Fast forward to this year, the prices are about double, in some cases more than double, per person in the $1500 range before taxes and port fees. It's tough for me to see the value when I obviously got such a good deal last year. I guess I did not realize then, that it was a deal! It disappoints me, and I keep checking. We did not go on a cruise this spring break and so now I am checking the summer, but wow! what a price difference. It seems that other cruise lines have followed suit, I remain hopeful!