New Cruise Director Schedule: Does it make you happy?

funcruiser1234

As far as I'm concerned, our CD can be ...........Donald Trump.

Let's not get carried away. Although I agree that it makes no difference who the CD is on my cruise, I'd have to draw the line right there.;)

Edited by dmet0225
Grammar

Usually, I don't care who the CD is, but I was looking forward to sailing with John Heald as CD on the Legend in .June. Now I'm disappointed that he won't be there until July.[emoji17]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree! I was looking forward to sailing with John...thought it was a for sure this time. Oh well, maybe another time.

Cruise Director - not so much

Would LOVE to know what band will be onboard my cruise - Blood Power hopefully!

When are you cruising??? Supposedly they are on the May 8th Valor to Aruba.

• 2 months later...
http://johnhealdsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/ED-CD-Schedule-UPDATED-04-09-15.pdf

I have found that a CD cannot ruin any cruise I'm on but I have also found that a good CD can and does make it better... A good CD makes me want to join in the SailAway Party, makes me want to attend some of his shows, makes me want to talk to him and get to know him... Even makes it ok to do things that I would never ever do at home :)

I'm more into direct LINKS Whenever Possible:

JohnHealds Blog 2015/05 CD-Schedule UPDATED-05-19-15.pdf The URL Underneath:

http://johnhealdsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/ED-CD-Schedule-UPDATED-05-19-15.pdf

Strange that the url automatically becomes a link by way of the Cruise Critic Software even though I did NOT Place it with an actual link capability so you could see the contents of the URL for the clarity of the info below. Note that the Cruise Critic Software SHORTENS the actual URL...which I believe to be an ok idea, but I did not make it with an actual link.

johnhealdsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/ED-CD-Schedule-UPDATED-05-19-15.pdf

I also would like to inform John Heald, and who ever listens, that the link itself (URL) should NOT contain a date or and update date either one.

The Update Date Can be placed in the actual CD Schedule...the reason, of course, is the link will continue to work as long as someone maintains it like John Heald (or whoever helps him).

Obviously, John could continue to update this page with the 2015 link in the URL, but most tend not to use that approach...many reasons, but a significant one is that the words in the URL itself is used by the Search Engines. The Page Title underneath what you see and what Search Engines also look at can contain the Year info, & will be easy to update by John or his help.

It may also be that this CD Directors have also been updated already with another URL which causes the continued chase for the information...or the idea that you have the latest, etc...

I'm also into the concept that the same information can be in several different places...so the first place you look will not require a lot of what I call FISHING.

Edited by cruiseclues

Like others have said, a cruise director won't ruin your cruise, but they can make it a lot better. They really are entertainers if they do their job right. I went on two NCL cruises within a month, same ship/same itinerary. The first one had a CD who was a fill in. He was just okay. The second had some woman named, Julie. I think she is like NCL's John Heald. It was a totally different cruise. The parties were better. The daily shows were even entertaining. The Newlywed Game had the exact same questions, but her's was far more entertaining. She was better at getting the guests involved. It's a gift for the really good ones.

IMHO Cruise Director and Hotel Director are the two most demanding officer class positions on the ship.

I could only wish that my CD would have an 8 day case of laryngitis!

Carnival makes too many darn long announcements, and after 22 cruises, they all read from the same script!

Believe me, I definitely want to miss many of the "must see" attractions the CD is shilling!

Sorry to see some CD's who we have enjoyed leave.

Playlist is the new type of production show they are going to and IMHO very much worse than what they put on in the past.

Are you serious? Much worse than the high school theatrics that have been going on for years? The last show we went to and walked out of, they were dancing around in cardboard race cars. Never went back to a production show and that was several years ago.

Are you serious? Much worse than the high school theatrics that have been going on for years? The last show we went to and walked out of, they were dancing around in cardboard race cars. Never went back to a production show and that was several years ago.

Some of the production shows like Ticket to Ride and Dancing in the Streets we thought were pretty good. A few we did walk out on.