Breeze, Conquest, or Sunshine?

chipandsteph

I thought we had narrowed our choices for 2016 down to the Breeze or the Conquest Southern Caribbean 8 day. We had considered the Vista repo, but decided not to because it would throw our vacation pay off. I was looking at Carnival's website tonight, and it has the Sunshine doing a NYC-Bermuda cruise. Now I don't know what I want! Back to three ships again. We have never been to Aruba, Curacao, or DR, but have never done Bermuda either. Which one would you choose? Pretty bad I am obsessing over next year when this year's trip hasn't gotten here yet!

Wow. Hands down I would choose the Breeze over any ship. Please know, I haven't sailed on any of the 3 you're mentioning. However, Sunshine scares me with the crowd flow. Conquest doesn't have a serenity, and is the oldest of the 3. Do u care about that? I really want to try to get on the breeze in 2015. An eastern or southern itinerary preferably. Good luck! A fun dilemma.

...Sunshine scares me with the crowd flow.

I completely agree. I keep finding cruises on Sunshine that look great and the prices are excellent, but I just don't think I can bring myself to book a cruise on that ship - I haven't heard very good things about crowd flow.

That being said, I REALLY want to do a Bermuda cruise! I love the concept of docking for a couple days and really getting to know the area while also having the comfort of a cruise ship. I'll do it one day! :D

As far as ships go, I'd choose Breeze. Then again, look at my signature, I may be a little biased. ;)

No matter what you choose, you'll have an excellent cruise!

I thought we had narrowed our choices for 2016 down to the Breeze or the Conquest Southern Caribbean 8 day. We had considered the Vista repo, but decided not to because it would throw our vacation pay off. I was looking at Carnival's website tonight, and it has the Sunshine doing a NYC-Bermuda cruise. Now I don't know what I want! Back to three ships again. We have never been to Aruba, Curacao, or DR, but have never done Bermuda either. Which one would you choose? Pretty bad I am obsessing over next year when this year's trip hasn't gotten here yet!

Having sailed Breeze and Conquest, Breeze is by far a much nicer ship. She's my husband's favorite and we hope to sail her again some day. Conquest was meh, but the friends with whom we sailed made that cruise fabulous. Aruba, Curacao, and DR, which was our itinerary on Conquest back in February, were beautiful ports! We had such wonderful excursions.

As far as Bermuda on Sunshine, that is a completely different type of cruise as the ship becomes a floating hotel once she's reached Bermuda. We went to Bermuda for our honeymoon 30 years ago and I still remember how beautiful it was. We haven't sailed Sunshine yet, so I cannot comment on the ship.

Good luck on deciding.

Well, if the price is equal I'd think the Breeze would be preferable. But I'm guessing the Breeze costs more than the Conquest for the same itinerary, no?

For the dates I looked at the Breeze cost $100-$140 more per person depending on category, and a whopping $500 pp more for a suite. That made a lot of difference in the decision for me.

Been on the Sunshine twice and it's fine. Going again in the Southern itinerary in July.

I've never been on either of the other ships. I've read people say that Bermuda is their favorite port. So if this might be the only chance to go there, might want to take it.

But I love the southern ports, too, so it's a good problem to have.

I haven't sailed on Breeze, though I'm looking at possibly doing that ship because of the itinerary that goes to Antigua. Our last two Carnival cruises were on Conquest. It's a good ship, but it doesn't have the Serenity as has been pointed out, and in all honesty, I haven't been happy with the food situation on Lido. Especially after we sailed on my favorite ship--the Sunshine. If I was going on a cruise because of the ship, it would be Sunshine (or the Breeze because we haven't been on her before).

We have never done Bermuda, so I can't comment on that and why so many people seem to enjoy Bermuda. We did DR, Aruba, and Curacao on our last cruise and loved those ports. I would definitely consider going back to those places.

Thanks for all of the responses! The Conquest was mostly on the list because of a group cruise I was invited on. There would be the group benefits included in that cruise. I've mostly been on older ships, so that wouldn't bother me at all. I don't like the idea of no Serenity deck, though. I think I've narrowed it down to Breeze or Sunshine. We were leaning toward the Breeze, but I have now found out some of our cruising friends are looking at the Sunshine itinerary. If they go, we will follow. We are discussing getting our own group together!