How obstructed are obstructed view cabins?

CAC104

We had an obstructed view cabin on the Island Princess and all we could see out our window was the side of a lifeboat. We got light through the window and that was about it. Sometimes your view will only be partially blocked. You would have to know the specific cabin number on the specific ship to ask about its specific view (or lack there of).

What cabin are you in? I've had a couple of obstructed cabins on the Sun/Dawn and it really depends. Several are totally blocked , last cabin was directly between two lifeboats. I love the location of these cabins very convinient to a lot of things.

Doug

We have been on Star Princess and Sea Princess with obstructed views. We picked the cabin carefully and they were between tenders. The view is fine, it is mainly the lowering equipment. One thing - be careful getting dressed - the crew are sometimes outside the window!:)

Like others, I've had "obstructed" view cabins that looked between two tenders and had a great view, and others that were directly behind the tender. If you're completely obstructed by the tender, there's a chance that they'll use that tender when tendering in port in which case, you have an unobstructed view for the day.

On the Royal Princess, I had an obstructed view cabin but it turned out to be great. There was a promenade deck outside and the "obstruction" was the steps to the tender platform that were being stored against the railing when not tendering. I couldn't see the ocean directly in front of my window but I could see it to the right or left, and I could see the sky.

I had an obstructed view and it was terrible. All I could see was sky through the top fifth of the window (and the lifeboat), and the workers spent a lot of time walking on the catwalk out there, so we had to keep the window shades closed anyway for privacy.

Save yourself the money and get an inside cabin. The room was otherwise exactly the same.

Thanks for all the replies....I have a category GG D339 cabin on the Sun Princess. When I looked at the diagram it appeared that it is inbetween boats, and I am hoping for a bit of a view. I had an obstructed cabin on the old HAL Noordam, and the only obstruction was that the life boat was under the window. I can't stay in an inside cabin and usually prefer the balcony, but I am traveling with a gal that usually likes to save money and book an inside, so we comprimised on this obstructed view cabin. I will be disappointed if all I look at is a full view of the lifeboat!

Looks like you should be OK. This May I had D617 and view was OK, while Coral was in D607 and was fully blocked. I've also been in D606 which was also fully blocked. In any case any natural light helps, I like to sleep in the dark but much prefer that there be at least some light in the morning. I sail in 3 weeks on the Dawn but have a regular inside this time

Doug

Has anyone had E420 Cat FF on the Caribbean Princess? It looks to be between the lifeboats on the deck plan, but they aren't always accurate.

We had E504 and E506 on the Caribbean Princess in July. The layout was exactly like the diagram on travelocity.com. The view was great. And yours looks totally unobstructed. Have a good cruise!

Suzan and Doug...were you answering Skittles question or mine when you said the cabin should be o.k. I am in D339 Sun Princess and I am hoping it will have a view inbetween lifeboats.

CAC104 - Sorry, I was replying to SunnyV's post about a cabin on the Emerald Deck of Caribbean Princess.

Suzan

The one time we were upgraded from an inside to an obstructed outside, we loved it because it had more floor space. Luckily, we had the tender outside our window that they use to take supplies to Princess Cay so it is smaller and we could see over top of it. It really wouldn't have mattered though because we are used to an inside. The location is close to activities and as I mentioned, before more square feet in the room.

• 1 month later...

For CAC104: I just got off the Dawn Princess where I had room D339. It is in fact between boats and has a fine view. I even saw whales out of the corner of my eye one day while getting dressed. I will post a photo (not including whales) as soon as I can.

Eric

Does anyone know anything about E402,707,712 on the Star? They are called "partially obstructed"> Exactly, what does that mean? From the deck plan I can't determine what is outside of them, it doesn't look like there are any lifeboats in that area.

Archived