Question about Freestyle Choice Promotion Shore Excursion Credit

MisterBill99

I think it's not confusing to you because you already know what it is. :)

Even what you've said is confusing "3 for every day you are in Bermuda. You are there for three days..." which would mean 9 - "3 for every day" multiplied by "You are there for three days"

It should say "1 for every day you are in Bermuda" for a total of 3. :)

Very confusing to anyone who's not familiar with NCL's way of doing (saying) things!

Okay, rereading what I typed could be confusing....but like you said, I knew/know the perk well since it's been around so long.......so maybe that's why it wasn't confusing to me! LOL

Harriet

The credits cannot be used for prebooking either. :(

I'm not sure what you mean by that, but pre-cruise booking is exactly what you should do to take advantage of the credit. You call NCL's Shorex desk, give them your reservation number, and book the excursion. You will NOT pay in advance (unlike the situation without the promo when you pay right then if you book in advance); you will be charged on board once you take the excursion, and the $50 will be credited to your account.

Did you mean something else? :confused:

The credits cannot be used for prebooking either. :(

Not so sure that's true. I called them and they did book an excursion for me over the phone. It's even showing up under MyNCL Vacation Summery.

I simply gave them my reservation number and told them I had a $50.00 shore excursion credit and told them what I'd like to book and when. Simple!

Harriet

Not so sure that's true. I called them and they did book an excursion for me over the phone. It's even showing up under MyNCL Vacation Summery.

I simply gave them my reservation number and told them I had a $50.00 shore excursion credit and told them what I'd like to book and when. Simple!

Harriet

See my post #27 above

Honestly, because we are sailing in a suite, we automatically received the 4 promo offers, so it's not a huge deal to us. I was asking for clarification because we are attempting to pre-book a shore excursion for our family of four, and if we are receiving $50, rather than $150, it may sway our decision as to which we choose.

I just checked the NCL website and went to the Specials page, and noticed that it says "Each stateroom receives a $50 per port Shore Excursion credit. For Bermuda Cruises, receive $150 Shore Excursion Credit." So there's really no question as to how much you get.

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-deals/choice

I agree, when I load that page I don't see the wording that fonrouge82 found, but it is in the page source so maybe it's displayed like that on some platforms/devices. If you Google it, a lot of other TA sites have picked up the incorrect wording, so you never know, you might actually find a TA that feels they should honor what they advertise, even it it's a mistake originating with NCL…

I agree, when I load that page I don't see the wording that fonrouge82 found, but it is in the page source so maybe it's displayed like that on some platforms/devices. If you Google it, a lot of other TA sites have picked up the incorrect wording, so you never know, you might actually find a TA that feels they should honor what they advertise, even it it's a mistake originating with NCL…

This was taken directly from the ncl.com explanation of the 5 promotions:

Shore Excursion Credit

Choose this option and each stateroom receives a free $50 USD per port Shore Excursion credit, maximum of $200. For Bermuda Cruises, receive three individual $50 USD Shore Excursion credits for every day you're in port. So feel free to snorkel, shop, tour, parasail, swim, or just hang out; and let us pay for your shore excursions.

My question has been answered, but wanted to clarify where I was quoting the information from. :)

Thanks again to everyone who helped to clarify!