any news on explorer?

The Tavern:

948693c93adb3c026023cde2aa02c054.jpg

New balcony furniture:

aee8a1b0334ef60fc867845416cd0209.jpg

New carpet, sofas, dressing table chair and curtains in staterooms.

b6f394e72b51ba40ed6427c263d090c4.jpg

New promenade shops:

a7d661d8728b122e90471c40f4456528.jpg

f3756df2d9d4b97f0a588df30cff7988.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nik those photos are brilliant! Good to see the staterooms have been updated so much. We were on Adventure a couple of years ago and the age was starting to show. Explorer looks much nicer in your pictures. Super excited about our trip now!

If you get a chance, could you confirm whether the drinks menus have prices now? I seem to recall on another thread that they weren't included anymore, but that it might have been a mistake.

Have a fabulous trip! :D

I've seen these menus so far

R-bar (replacing the champagne bar)

55a38b8c68482324c2325acdc73f0091.jpg

Tavern menu:

fac8d09023c6bcacc97dc0a5309fc011.jpg

14$....... I'm glad I've got a drink package!

14$....... I'm glad I've got a drink package!

I might be becoming a beer drinker this holiday! We're in two minds about the drinks package as there will be days that we won't drink much, especially if we've got a port day the next day, but then there will be others that we will have a few (or more!). I worked out the premium package was about £36 per person per day... it wouldn't take many drinks at $14 to go over that! I think it might be worth the drinks package even if we don't drink big... The dilemma continues!

Thanks again for the pictures though. Glad they have prices on them at least.

I guess Im the odd ball because I like the looks of the new deck 12 cabin additions. Also, those cabins are wonderful! A friend of mine had 1870 on Freedom last week so I got see it. Its awesome! I really would like to book the handicap accessible one sometime but Royal Caribbean has figured out how valuable that real estate is to some and have priced them accordingly though :o A balcony is cheaper in most cases!

Very nice pics of the cabins on EX being refurbished. To the best of my knowledge, none of Freedoms cabins got anything other than a few suites. Much better refurb on EX than on Freedom IMHO. Of course shes older too though.

Edited by ryano

So 1hr and 5 mins into our 8.30 dining and no drinks or starters have arrived yet, nor on have they on the tables around us. Not a good start! Hope it's teething troubles.....

So 1hr and 5 mins into our 8.30 dining and no drinks or starters have arrived yet, nor on have they on the tables around us. Not a good start! Hope it's teething troubles.....

You are very patient to wait so long, I would be passing out with nothing to eat by9.35pm

Did your drink package covers these drinks at $14?

Now that I think about it, on cruises from Southampton the drinks pricing INCLUDES the gratuity. There fore a drink priced at $14 would really have a value of $11.85 + 18%, so should therefore fall within the pacakage limitations.

We have the Premium package so those 14$ drinks wold be covered anyway as cocktails don't have a per glass limit as far as I'm aware.

The $12 limits on the packages are for glasses of wine, but I'll confirm the limits we have in place for that when I can.

Brilliant photo's Nic! Thanks. Cannot wait to see more and hear all about how it was. My girls are praying for Dreamworks but I don't think this happened. Did they remove the small waterslide at the Aft? Have a great holiday.

Hi Nik C

I hope dinner improved for you! Could you do me a massive favour and check whether cabins 9655, 9643 and 9645 have virtual balconies. No one at RC seem to know!!!

Many thanks

Claire:confused:

Hi Nik C

I hope dinner improved for you! Could you do me a massive favour and check whether cabins 9655, 9643 and 9645 have virtual balconies. No one at RC seem to know!!!

Many thanks

Claire:confused:

According to the new deck plan, none of those staterooms have virtual balconies:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/decks/EX/2015-mar/ex_deck09_v2015_mar.pdf

Hi Bob

thank you so much for this info....I have been trying to find out for weeks! A bit disappointing as we were led to believe we would get them when we booked but never mind. I've never had an inside cabin so it will be a bit of an experience!!!

Hi Bob

Do you have a link to the rest of the updated deck plans? Many thanks

Claire

Hi Claire. If I send the link to the US page, it will redirect you to the UK page.

Just change the URL that I sent above. Copy it into your web browser's address field, and change the deck number before you press "Enter".