The rain in Spain, what is the weather like in Barcelona end of October?

Ocav

You obviously haven't visited Spain very often!

The end of October is normally when the weather starts to change in the Mediterranean. You can have great, sunny, warm weather or it can be chilly and wet. Nobody can predict the weather.

Generally as the saying goes, the rain in Spain stays mainly on the plane, as in, it doesn't rain very often.

It is 'in the plain' ie a large area of flat ground not 'on the plane' as in aircraft.

I live in Spain and believe me, it does rain here. It doesn't rain very often, and rarely in summer, but when it does rain it is usually very heavy.

As LT says October can be almost any weather. Last year it was sunny with temperatures still in the 30s. Some previous years have been cool and wet. Look at the long term forecast nearer the time - they are usually fairly accurate

Edited by English_in_Spain

Ocav

You obviously haven't visited Spain very often!

The end of October is normally when the weather starts to change in the Mediterranean. You can have great, sunny, warm weather or it can be chilly and wet. Nobody can predict the weather.

I used to visit Spain 3 times a year, just south of Barcelona, I also have family who live there. I've only ever once experienced rain while in Spain.

My DW and I will most likely be on the Equinox TA that leaves Barcelona on October 27, we are planning on arriving a few days early to see some sights. Curious, generally, what the weather is like that time of year? Thanks!!

Hi neighbor! :)

Two years ago, we toured around the Mediterranean countries and then took a TA cruise (RCCL) from Barcelona to Miami. It was also late October (we arrived Miami on November 9) and the weather in Barcelona was just perfect - not too hot but sunny and warm. No rain for the days that we were in Barcelona. Evenings in the city were also lovely - didn't need a coat, just wore a sweater after dark.

Hope the weather cooperates for you as well. :)

Edited by dogs4fun

You might get lucky, of course, but October and November are usually the most rainy months of the year in the Med. So, statistically speaking, it might not be sunny, nor hot. Storms occur at that time of the year and it might rain heavily. You won't certainly freeze to death, but sunshine is not guaranteed.

And regarding some comments, Spain is a large and diverse country. There are deserted regions, high alpine mountains, tropical islands, green fields in the north, cold regions in the interior, the Mediterranean coast...

As for rain, just don't take sunshine for granted all year long. Where I live it rains 900mm of rain a year, London for instance only gets 600mm. Some other parts of the island like Palma receive 450mm a year, and in the mountains we get as much as 1.450mm a year. So it just varies.

The thing with Mediterranean weather is that it just won't rain from early June to early September. It's an almost guaranteed yearly drought, and that weather condition is very reliable. Autumn is not like that at all.

• 1 month later...