Breakaway OV room

happyscmom

Question for those of you who have stayed in the OV rooms. I have a summer 2016 cruise booked for an OV room. We are booked on 13 all of the way in front, but my TA says we should switch to a 5 mid. I like balcony rooms, but right now the price is too high, so I am trying to make the best OV choice. Which would be better? It seems SO LOW on 5, but I'm now doubting my decision to ignore my TA. BTW - this will be our first NCL cruise. Thanks!

Opps...getaway, not breakaway. Sorry! (Edited)

Edited by happyscmom

Are there ovs that far up? I thought it would be a balcony that high up? Maybe there are a few very far forward?

I though ovs were only on deck 4/5?

I'll have to check

Anyway..... Low and mid ship is where you want to be if taking an ov

Your TA is correct

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by luvtheships

Are there ovs that far up? I thought it would be a balcony that high up? Maybe there are a few very far forward?

I though ovs were only on deck 4/5?

I'll have to check

Anyway..... Low and mid ship is where you want to be if taking an ov

Your TA is correct

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yep, they are literally on the front of the ship.

We stayed on the Getaway in a family ocean view on deck 5. It was fantastic. I was a little worried also that it would be so far down. No problems at all.

The cabin was big and beautiful being a family one. That bathroom was bigger than any i've seen with a full sized bathtub.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay in one again on deck 5.

We stayed on the Getaway in a family ocean view on deck 5. It was fantastic. I was a little worried also that it would be so far down. No problems at all.

The cabin was big and beautiful being a family one. That bathroom was bigger than any i've seen with a full sized bathtub.

Thanks you for this answer! I see so much here about other types of rooms, but it is hard to get info on OV.

Thank you for this! We are booked on the Getaway, our first NCL cruise in a deck 5 family OV. You just made me feel much better about that choice.

We stayed on the BA in cabin 5726 and loved it. We would much rather be mid ship and lower, than higher and very far forward. We had no problems being on the 5 floor. Very easy trip (one flight down) when embarking/disembarking at port, and one flight up to all the activity on 678.

Safe sailing

Question for those of you who have stayed in the OV rooms. I have a summer 2016 cruise booked for an OV room. We are booked on 13 all of the way in front, but my TA says we should switch to a 5 mid. I like balcony rooms, but right now the price is too high, so I am trying to make the best OV choice. Which would be better? It seems SO LOW on 5, but I'm now doubting my decision to ignore my TA. BTW - this will be our first NCL cruise. Thanks!

Opps...getaway, not breakaway. Sorry! (Edited)

We are on the Breakaway this June with a regular (not family) OV on deck 5 (room 5790). I realize you are on the Getaway, but position-wise for the cabins, it's probably pretty similar. You are correct that most of the comments on these forums appear to relate to balcony rooms and higher. I searched for a while for info on my room and found little. I posted question also and got few responses. My guess is that CC-ers tend to be people who cruise more frequently and tend to choose the higher end rooms. Anyway, I will post comments (and pix if my DD is willing to show me how!) after I return. My TA also recommended deck 5 for OV. It's my first cruise on a lower deck, so I was a little nervous too, but she insists we will love the location.

OP, if you are good with sea legs and motion, deck 13 high up & forward will be fun - there are only 6 OV cabins in total on those decks, 1 of which accessible with more interior room - the corridors are narrow with the service carts in the hallways. (checkout the deck plan map & you will see)

We're on BA's 10712 regular balcony, which is just 4 cabins away from the front OV & corner Haven suite - and despite 15' large waves on Day 6-7, didn't get seasick but YMMV if your ship run into any storm (of course, captain is going to steer around & avoid hurricanes in the path if safety is a concern) Even our friendly RS joked about the front section's rock & rock.

And, it is about 150 steps from the FWD elevators & stairs - and more to get to the AFT sections of the ship (Manhattan MDR & Garden Cafe, etc.) closer to 300 steps - so those are excellent as multiple daily walking exercises & it's less crowded than deck 16's jogging tracks, LOL - okay, just kidding.

It's easy to catch the elevator from deck 5 or just walk up 1 or 2 floors to where most of the indoor activities are held. Mid-ship locations are always preferred as it's more stable & flat - regardless of high or low.

Thank you for this! We are booked on the Getaway, our first NCL cruise in a deck 5 family OV. You just made me feel much better about that choice.

Don't know if you've seen the youtube videos for Getaway/Breakaway family oceanview staterooms category 01.

This Getaway one is overview of stateroom -

This Breakaway one shows all 5 sleeping positions - two in bed, two on couch bed and one in drop down bed.

You will be cozy but there are two closets and big sink/storage in the bathroom. We have this category booked on the Escape for 3 adults and the Breakaway for 4 adults. Since much of the action takes place on decks 6, 7 and 8 the deck 5 location is great. Just take a look at what is above you ..... here is link to free drag it decks site for Getaway. You can move the deck to line up the elevators.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/dragdeck.php?ship=Norwegian-Getaway&zoom=1

We loved the Getaway - our favorite Norwegian ship to date. Have a wonderful cruise.