Mdr and classic package

lovetotraveltx

Not that we will do this every night but if we wanted to can we get bottled water, a couple glasses of wine, an after dinner drink and a cappuccino during one dinner?

Also, in the specialty restaurants can you get cocktails and wines covered on the classic package? We are on millennium?

Thank you!

Not that we will do this every night but if we wanted to can we get bottled water, a couple glasses of wine, an after dinner drink and a cappuccino during one dinner?

Also, in the specialty restaurants can you get cocktails and wines covered on the classic package? We are on millennium?

Thank you!

Yes to all your questions. You may find getting bottled water a little more difficult in the MDR because of limited stocks and beside they provide iced water at the table. Premium package has small bottles of water but somehow classic has larger bottles. go figure

Thank you!

Yes! We just got off the Equinox. Both my mom and I had the premium beverage package. They gave us Evian every night instead of the regular ice water, and they kept the wine flowing in mom's glass. She found a white wine that she liked a lot and the sommolier kept pouring. No problems at all! :D

your wine steward/sommelier (I use the latter term loosely) will know your wine preferences and have your wine ready and waiting by night 2.

Your assistant waiter (IIRC) is the one who brings the soft drinks/bottled water.

Just let your preferences be known and you will be taken care of. If you order a liquer after dinner the first night, you will definitely be offered one on the second night. If a cappuccino is your preference, it will be brought to you after dinner.

All the questions/threads here make the packages sound very complicated and confusing. it's really all very simple. Don't stress about it.

Glad to hear.

Was wondering if you can switch/mix drinks. Have something before and/or after dinner and wine with dinner or start with a Proseco and switch.

So, all of your comments really helped! ;)

If this is your normal drink pattern each evening, you may wish to extend a little gratuity on the first night. You probably won't see your sommelier that many times to keep switching wines. They have many, many tables to serve. The alcoholic drink server is a different person; we never saw one at our table in 10 nights. We enjoyed pre-dinner drinks at the Martini bar not far from the MDR.

.... you may wish to extend a little gratuity on the first night. You probably won't see your sommelier that many times to keep switching wines. They have many, many tables to serve. The alcoholic drink server is a different person; we never saw one at our table in 10 nights......
We have never had a problem getting drinks when we wanted them, the Sommelier would often get the bar Waiter if he/she wasn't around.

your wine steward/sommelier (I use the latter term loosely) will know your wine preferences and have your wine ready and waiting by night 2.

I match my wines to the food I am eating so having a wine steward presume to know what I wanted on night 2 would be extremely irritating. My preference changes from day to day and course to course.

If this is your normal drink pattern each evening, you may wish to extend a little gratuity on the first night. You probably won't see your sommelier that many times to keep switching wines. They have many, many tables to serve. The alcoholic drink server is a different person; we never saw one at our table in 10 nights. We enjoyed pre-dinner drinks at the Martini bar not far from the MDR.

I will be extremely annoyed if I can't get the appropriate wines to match each course. :eek: I had no problems getting this level of service on RCI and expect a similar or better level of service on Celebrity.

I will be extremely annoyed if I can't get the appropriate wines to match each course. :eek: I had no problems getting this level of service on RCI and expect a similar or better level of service on Celebrity.

If you tell your sommelier that you want wines paired with each course, I am pretty sure you'll be just fine. (That's what we hope to do as well.)

Most people probably just pick a wine they like and stick with it, so there would be no need for the sommelier to return.

If you tell your sommelier that you want wines paired with each course, I am pretty sure you'll be just fine. (That's what we hope to do as well.)

Most people probably just pick a wine they like and stick with it, so there would be no need for the sommelier to return.

Thanks. I wasn't expecting it to be a issue until ...:rolleyes: :D

Now all I have to worry about is whether they have a decent wine list, with a good range of wines by the glass that fit in the Premium package. ;)

Thanks. I wasn't expecting it to be a issue until ...:rolleyes: :D

Now all I have to worry about is whether they have a decent wine list, with a good range of wines by the glass that fit in the Premium package. ;)

Heck - I am still hoping I can get decent wines with my Classic package....LOL

We are hoping we like the wines/cocktails on the classic package just fine as our cruise is port intensive. But, we'll see how it goes the first couple of nights and/or if my husband wants to take advantage of the martini bar.

We sometimes start with white with starters/salad and switch to red with our meat entree. Probably only want espresso and cappucino with desert.

If we want a post dinner drink we will probably head off to a bar or late show.

Appreciate your shared experiences.

I match my wines to the food I am eating so having a wine steward presume to know what I wanted on night 2 would be extremely irritating. My preference changes from day to day and course to course.

I don't mean poured in a glass and waiting at the table. Once you are seated, they will approach you with bottle in hand. And if you ask for something different, they will return with a new bottle. They do try and stay on top of what people are looking for so they have what they need available.

For the most part, they are seeking to please.