Dining for a Vegetarian

emilyreid09

Hi all,

I am a vegetarian (not vegan, I do eat eggs. cheese, milk) but I was wondering if you have any experience on the NCL ships (I'm going on the Getaway) for vegetarian meals. I noticed on some menu pictures that there was one option for vegetarian dishes usually, but are there more?

Is it easy to ask the servers/chefs to edit/change a meal for a vegetarian? Will I have a lot of options or will it mostly be the one choice each dinner?

Thanks all!

When you get about a month away from your cruise send an e mail to: AccessDesk@ncl.com

They will notify the ship of your need. They will require that you give them or Stateroom and some other information. When you go aboard ask to speak to either or both the Food and Beverage Director and the Restaurant Manager. They are very good about trying to meet the dietary needs of passengers.

I have to do this with every cruise for another dietary issue and have very few problems.

I am a vegetarian and I did not have a problem. There is always a vegetarian option on every menu. (although it was pretty much the same version- so I was bored of that choice by the 4th day)

Easy to eat @ the buffet because you can pick and choose what you like.

There is plenty of food!

I traveled on the BA two summers ago with a vegan and a vegetarian in my sailing party. When I called the pre-concierge I was told there were no vegan options on board. When I got on board I attended the Meet and Greet and spoke with the head chef (?) and lo and behold, my vegan daughter had a personalized menu delivered to our room every morning for the restaurant that we would be having dinner in.

Full disclosure...we had a sailing party of 8 all staying in Haven rooms (including the DOS) so that may have had something to do with the exquisite service. It was also the inaugural season for the BA and that may also have had something to do with it.

But it was still perfect and I highly recommend that you consider attending your Meet and Greet to have direct face to face contact with the ship's officers in charge of food and dietary issues.

Have a great cruise! :)

I'm a vegetarian but eat dairy (eggs, milk, cheese) and havent had too many issues dining. If there wasnt anything on the menu in the MDR that I liked, I would go to the buffet. There was one night that I didnt like any main courses but there were a bunch of appetizers that I wanted. I just ordered a ton of apps and was fine. You can also get veggie burgers at any of the grills on board. You just have to ask for them.

We just got off the Pearl this month, and we traveled with a friend who was vegetarian (she ate milk, cheese, and eggs). The menu in the MDR was very limited, but once they knew what her diet was, the maitre d worked with her every meal (dinner in the Indigo). There were a few more options in the buffet.

Thank you all so much for the helpful responses. I think I will let them know ahead of time or when I get on the ship just in case, but if all else fails the buffet will be fine I'm sure.

It's nice to know that they can accommodate vegetarians and are willing to tweak the menu. Hopefully I get a happy staff member to help just as much as you all did!

Thanks