Booked our flight now Im nervous...

Just booked our return flight from Tampa to Chicago. We are scheduled to disembark @ 7am and our flight is at 2pm.

I thought this would be enough time to disembark and ride a taxi to the airport. Now reading some reviews Im getting nervous thinking I should have booked a later return flight.

We are booked in a JS on Brilliance. Do you know if there is priority disembarking with the junior suites?

I have read also that there is an option to carry your bags off the ship and that can speed up your disembark time. I am thinking this would be the best option to go with.

Also does anyone know how long it takes to get a taxi and drive to the airport? Im assuming there is going to be a wait with all the people getting off at once trying to do the same thing.

First cruise so all input is appreciated! TIA

A 2pm flight out of Tampa SHOULD be fine. UNLESS of course some freak fog incident happens like a couple months ago. Then a 9pm or 11pm flight wouldnt have worked.

When I cruised out of Tampa, I stayed at a hotel right near the airport. We didnt fly but we were back near the airport via taxi real early even with traffic and construction. I think the taxi ride was about 30 minutes. We could have made a noon flight or even earlier easily.

Just booked our return flight from Tampa to Chicago. We are scheduled to disembark @ 7am and our flight is at 2pm.

I thought this would be enough time to disembark and ride a taxi to the airport. Now reading some reviews Im getting nervous thinking I should have booked a later return flight.

We are booked in a JS on Brilliance. Do you know if there is priority disembarking with the junior suites?

I have read also that there is an option to carry your bags off the ship and that can speed up your disembark time. I am thinking this would be the best option to go with.

Also does anyone know how long it takes to get a taxi and drive to the airport? Im assuming there is going to be a wait with all the people getting off at once trying to do the same thing.

First cruise so all input is appreciated! TIA

I am in a very similar, very tense boat (no pun intended) myself. I will be coming back on the Oasis in Fort Lauderdale and booked a return flight at 10:45 AM. I am already planning to do self-debark at 6:15 AM or so but, reading the boards, some people say I may be at the airport by 7:15, while others say I could very well miss my flight if even the slightest delay occurs. I looked into changing my flight, but that is not an option as the change fees would almost double the price of each ticket.

So, no guidance to offer, just commiserating, and hoping people with recent experiences on either port can chime in to help us both.

M

I am in a very similar, very tense boat (no pun intended) myself. I will be coming back on the Oasis in Fort Lauderdale and booked a return flight at 10:45 AM. I am already planning to do self-debark at 6:15 AM or so but, reading the boards, some people say I may be at the airport by 7:15, while others say I could very well miss my flight if even the slightest delay occurs.

M

I easily made a 10:45 flight out of FLL after my allure cruise. The couple next to me on the plane had just gotten off their cruise in Miami and they made it. Now that I probably wouldn't have tried, but you will be fine in FLL.

I think a 2pm flight out of Tampa is pretty conservative.

I agree, see no reason to be "nervous" about that at all. We recently had a noon flight out of MIA off Celebrity Reflection. That was a little tighter than I would have liked. We had luggage delays getting off the ship. Still made it to MIA in plenty of time.

Edited by bouhunter

I am in a very similar, very tense boat (no pun intended) myself. I will be coming back on the Oasis in Fort Lauderdale and booked a return flight at 10:45 AM. I am already planning to do self-debark at 6:15 AM or so but, reading the boards, some people say I may be at the airport by 7:15, while others say I could very well miss my flight if even the slightest delay occurs. I looked into changing my flight, but that is not an option as the change fees would almost double the price of each ticket.

So, no guidance to offer, just commiserating, and hoping people with recent experiences on either port can chime in to help us both.

M

Relax. You'll be fine. We watched people walk off the Indy at 6:15am. They would be at the airport by 7AM at the latest.

You're good.

I used to live in Clearwater, which is 30 minutes past Tampa International Airport from the port. I was always home by 10am without doing the self-disembark.

A 2pm flight is no problem.

As others have mentioned, all bets are off if there is fog. Worst case scenario you'll be 2 days late for your flight. :)

We sailed out of Tampa a couple of years ago and we had a 2:00 flight. We took our time getting off the ship. It took forever to get to the airport- the shuttle would't leave until every seat was filled- and we still got to the airport in plenty of time to check in, get through security, and have lunch before our flight.

You'll be fine. Save the money you'd spend on a flight change fee for an excursion or a few cocktails on board.

I did a 10:45 am recently March 2015 and make sure you carry luggage off and do leave ship by 7:45. I will say my parents had a 12:30 pm flight (same cruise) and some idiot smuggled drugs and port authority held up lines and they missed their flight. Best to get off early. Just my 2 cents.

M

I'm just off the Oasis last Saturday. We walked off with our luggage at 6:15, and we were at the gate (through security) by 7:15. Our flight was at 9:20a. No problem!