Luggage in Montreal -Marina

Kayfromla

Question for experienced cruisers:

We will be arriving in Montreal early and disembarking around 9:00AM. Our flight does not leave until 4:00PM and we do not have a tour planned. Does anyone have an idea as to what we might do with our luggage while we sightsee in Montreal? I have called Oceania and they did not have a answer.

As you have not planned a Tour yet, I'd suggest getting a car and driver for that day.

Luggage can go in the trunk, and you'll be able to customize your tour to your interests and end up with an Airport Drop-off at precisely the right time!

For a simple city Tour, I'd call a car service, but for more in depth touring I'd contact Tours by Locals to ask for a recommendation:

http://www.toursbylocals.com/Montreal-Tours?gclid=CjwKEAjwsOKpBRCDtfOnzaDg3HsSJAAJ2ojiUH0IHC0HPRCLXqUD9YppBASwMvmpI4XUnn0z25eGCBoC-fvw_wcB

Whatever happens, enjoy your day! :D

Hi,

We had the same issue, we're on the 7th May sailing in two weeks, except our flight isn't until 22:30:eek:, so we have booked a day room at the Crowne plaza at the airport which was $79, which we didn't think was too bad considering how long we'd be hanging around otherwise. Hopefully someone will be able to suggest something cheaper..

We were able to take an earlier flight by paying the deviation fee.

The airport is about an hour from the port.

If I were going to be in Montreal - I would do a day room in the city so you could walk around. You may be able to check luggage with a bellman for a half day.

Since the ship overnights you could always get off the night before & stay in a hotel then head to the airport later in the day

be sure to get there 2-3 hrs prior to clear US Immigration at YUL

Chatcat...I assume you are coming to LA...Air Canada is the only non-stop...unless you know something else, please help me...I will change.

Only Non Stops from YUL to LAX are AC/UA

8 am or 4:45 pm

there are other flights if you like connections ;)

And some of those are on Puddlejumpers to boot.

Last time we flew from Montreal to Chicago the transfer time between terminals just barely got us to our plane on time.

I avoid connections whenever possible :D

Sometimes it is worth the extra $$ to do non stop flights

Lyn

Hi,

We had the same issue, we're on the 7th May sailing in two weeks, except our flight isn't until 22:30:eek:, so we have booked a day room at the Crowne plaza at the airport which was $79, which we didn't think was too bad considering how long we'd be hanging around otherwise. Hopefully someone will be able to suggest something cheaper..

If you have seen Mtl. & want to go directly to the airport I suggest the Marriott Airport Hotel http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/yulma-montreal-airport-marriott-in-terminal-hotel/ Their lobby is connected to the terminal.

It is approx 45-60 min drive to YUL and there are no sites to visit in that area.

I recommend you book a tour. There is plenty of time to tour the Old Port and a few other sites before heading to the airport for your late flight out.

Everybody can come visit me in NY...We are two hours from Montreal and our Summer home sleeps 16 ..:)) BYO Wine ;-)

Flights MTL to NY are few and VERY VERY expensive and are often cancelled or routed thru another city! Truth is, it is easier to drive the 7 hours to NY than the alternatives.

Flights MTL to NY are few and VERY VERY expensive and are often cancelled or routed thru another city! Truth is, it is easier to drive the 7 hours to NY than the alternatives.

Or Plattsburgh to FL on Allegient that so many of our friends from Montreal take. I thought going to JFK and then taking maybe JetBlue to LAX may be an easier alternative.

Or Plattsburgh to FL on Allegient that so many of our friends from Montreal take. I thought going to JFK and then taking maybe JetBlue to LAX may be an easier alternative.

The Plattsburgh airport is great, we've flown to FLA, from there several times. Their direct flights are limited to a handful of cities which don't include NY. I've found it easier to fly half way around the world than flying to NY from here:eek:

The Plattsburgh airport is great, we've flown to FLA, from there several times. Their direct flights are limited to a handful of cities which don't include NY. I've found it easier to fly half way around the world than flying to NY from here:eek:

I actually booked a flight from Burlington VT on Jet Blue to NY once and then you can get to most anywhere direct. I use Plattsburgh to FL to see my daughter in Palm Beach.. Easy and short flight. Most flights out of YUL go thru Toronto connection although I did take BA direct to Heathrow once and so easy.