Celebrity Solstice Celebrity or Royal Suite

kecoco

I have a Celebrity Suite booked for 11 day Alaska Cruise and was on waitlist for Royal Suite. Royal Suite has become available. Is the additional cost worth it? I have to make the decision today so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I guess the only honest answer would be - is it worth it to you? Some people would pay hundreds more for concierge over regular balcony. I would not. It really depends what matters to you, and what your personal financial situation is. If you give an idea of the price differential, you can get some opinions but what matters to them might be different than what matters to you.

For us it is worth it. We tend to spend a lot of time in our room and a royal suite is very comfortable. But, we have never stayed in a Celebrity suite so keep that in mind as I continue.

Royal gets the following additional amenities: complementary premium bev pkg; unlimited specialty dining (in addition to Luminae); unlimited internet; mini bar with complimentary beer,soda & water; comlimentary bottle of alchol with mixers.

Royal has a dining table so we have our butler bring us breakfast each day. The bathroom is huge with both a large tub and large shower, and there is a powder room. It's close to a small apartment!

If these additions are worthwhile/ important to you, go for it. We are always spoiled to death.

I'm sure you will also be spoiled in a Celebrity, too. Enjoy whatever you choose.

Let me know if you have other questions.

I love the Royal Suite. There is nothing I could invest that money in that would give me as much pleasure as a week in that room. But this is not an economic decision - it is a very personal, quality of life decision. You should have a wonderful cruise in your current cabin, and 95% of the passengers on the ship would love to be in what you currently have. Only you know whether the additional cabin expense will be worth it to you. Other than the extra space you can buy almost all of those perks for far less than what you are being charged with the upgrade.

I decided on Royal for Alaska, because it comes with the premium beverage package, free internet, free speciality dinning, and a few extras. I like the larger balcony, but mainly I want everything that comes with the room. Might it be a little more if I paid at the end, I don't know. But I don't want to pay anything at the end of my trip. And I can make payments.

Here are what you get with Royal

Features and Highlights

Priority check-in at boarding & early debarkation

European-style butler service 24/7 for assistance with unpacking, in-suite lunch and dinner, afternoon tea, evening hors d'oeuvres, espresso and cappuccino

One complimentary dinner for all guests in suite (cruise of 6 or 7 nights) and two complimentary dinners for all guests in suite (cruise of 8 nights or more) in a specialty restaurant*.

Reserved theatre seating on formal nights

Luxury bath amenities & plush robes

Premium Reverie[emoji768] Dream Sleep System[emoji769] customizable mattresses

(Reverie mattress not available on Celebrity Century[emoji768])

Celebrity eXhale[emoji769] bedding, pillow menu, plush duvets and pure cotton linens

Private veranda with whirlpool and lounge seating (no whirlpool on Celebrity Century)

Marble master bath with whirlpool tub and separate shower

Music center

Stateroom setup of one bottle of vodka and one bottle of scotch with mixers

Dedicated private restaurant reserved exclusively for all Suite Class guests morning, noon and night

Access to the private Michael's Club

Complimentary Premium Beverage package

Complimentary unlimited Specialty Dining

Complimentary unlimited Internet access

Complimentary mini-bar stocked daily with water, sodas, beer

* Available on Solstice[emoji768] Class and Millennium[emoji768] Class ships only.

Edited by Chicogirl

Also you can have breakfast in your room daily, one of the specialty restaurants is Bistro on 5, soda, water and beer in your fridge, and you stand a good chance of being invited to dine at the Captains table (no promises). Stayed in both Celebrity and Royal Suite. Loved them both but did favor the Royal Suite. Enjoy whatever you pick. Have a great cruise!:D