Cagney's - Important info

NJ Johnny

I sure hope so....As with most things recently I can find no written policy ..one never knows how things are or will be :rolleyes:
Best thing to do then, is to call NCL to get a clarification. I thought NCL did post on here and said if you already had an UDP or got free dinners, there was no charge, but there has been so many posts on the subject, one can get confused easily. Not to mention that some passengers came back and posted that they were not charged.

Best thing to do then, is to call NCL to get a clarification. I thought NCL did post on here and said if you already had an UDP or got free dinners, there was no charge, but there has been so many posts on the subject, one can get confused easily. Not to mention that some passengers came back and posted that they were not charged.

Will do....but as with most inquires to NCL lately ...not so sure if reps know the answer:o

Will do....but as with most inquires to NCL lately ...not so sure if reps know the answer:o

They all know the answer! The problem is the answer they give you they know to be true yet they all have different answers!

Harriet

Just called NCL, have a cruise in July 2015 and they are honoring our UDP and allowing us to get Cagney's without costs. I even went ahead and got reservations for 2 nights at Cagney's for the 8 of us. She said even if they make changes to the UDP this summer, they are HONORING our UDP at the level we signed up for this past December.

SO GOOD NEWS that they are honoring us even if they change it.

Just called NCL, have a cruise in July 2015 and they are honoring our UDP and allowing us to get Cagney's without costs. I even went ahead and got reservations for 2 nights at Cagney's for the 8 of us. She said even if they make changes to the UDP this summer, they are HONORING our UDP at the level we signed up for this past December.

Good news..happy for you:D

Thanks for the research and info. Did she indicate if everyone will be grandfathered by their purchase date? UBP and UDP were really the only two good offers way back when I booked my European 2017 cruise which gave two perks.

Did they also make you a reservation for the Dinner Show (Illusionarium?) since that was also included with the UDP in December?

Sorry, I just asked about me, but hope this information helps others.

Yes, asked about day 1 and the illusiontorium and that was included but you have to get when you get on the boat. We decided as a family that we would skip it.

Sorry, I just asked about me, but hope this information helps others.

Yes, asked about day 1 and the illusiontorium and that was included but you have to get when you get on the boat. We decided as a family that we would skip it.

I called and asked. They are honoring whatever was the dining plan at the time of the promo or purchase. Also, to her knowledge, first night show is still included and she has not heard that Cagney's is removed, and sort of thought it sounded odd since it is the most favorite. In other words, it has not been told to the person I spoke with regarding the last two but she was 100% positive about the grandfathering the UDP, and Cagney's is included in mine since I got it 6 months ago. Hope that helps anyone that is wondering.

I'm 90 days out in a couple of days for my August sailing. If I can book Cagneys, I will keep my purchased UDP. If not, I will cancel. I will post what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Booked everything we wanted (including Cagneys) first thing this morning.

Glad to be reading about the grandfathering as well

Unless the strategy IS to let the loyal customers go away. Maybe they want new, fresh, gullible customers, ignorant of what cruising used to be and willing to pay a lot, without complaining, for what marketing brainwashes them to believe is the ultimate cruising experience of all times.

Isn't that what a slogan like Norwegian NEXT tells us?

Exactly what I have been saying all along.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well, this is odd.

I called my PCC to ask to cancel our dining plan. I began to feel that whatever ultimately happened with Cagneys, or any other restaurant for that matter, would be different than when I had booked and like I said, I really am in no mood to have a "discussion" on vacation or fight with a manager or stand in line at guest services, or do any of the stuff I have to do in every day "real life" when a company doesn't do what it has initially promised to do.

My PCC told me not to worry, that everything would be grandfathered and I'd have no problems. I asked him to put that on a letter to me so that I had a reassurance that what I've paid for is what I will get; not more, not less. He said he can no do that. I found that sort of odd. That puts me into the exact position I was in previously; not wanting to deal with it on the ship if it changes again.

So, for now, again, I have not cancelled the plan. I think depending on who you speak with you will get different answers. I do not think the company representatives know what is going on. I still have time to cancel my plan if depending how this develops and the amount of mental energy I want to involve with it.

Sure glad I read this forum; if I got on the ship and found out it was all changed it would definitely put a negative mood on.

Misterfigitpants: I did get a confirmation back from them after making all 7 days dining reservations (for 8 people). It has on it $0.00 costs next to all of the reservations (Cagney's on twice), so I would consider that in writing since I got an actual .pdf note from them with each nights reservation.

Misterfigitpants: I did get a confirmation back from them after making all 7 days dining reservations (for 8 people). It has on it $0.00 costs next to all of the reservations (Cagney's on twice), so I would consider that in writing since I got an actual .pdf note from them with each nights reservation.

How did you make your reservations? Through a PCC or a different method? I'm willing to give it a shot.

Just another step towards their goal of becoming "all inclusive". Some venues will be included and some will be ala carte. In the end, I am sure it will also add up to be more expensive to cruise on NCL.

I called them directly on their 1-866 number and spoke to the customer service team. She asked my reservation number, pulled up my account and then asked me what days and what restaurant we wanted, she gave me the available times and wa-la, done. She emailed the confirmation within 5 minutes.

I called them directly on their 1-866 number and spoke to the customer service team. She asked my reservation number, pulled up my account and then asked me what days and what restaurant we wanted, she gave me the available times and wa-la, done. She emailed the confirmation within 5 minutes.

How far out are you booking dinner?

How far out are you booking dinner?

We did it on line. DW woke up at 5 am on day 90 and had her pick. Two nights at Cagneys, two at Le Bistro, etc. All itemized at $0.00.

I too, like some others have expressed, do not want a fight while on vacation. I would argue that prepaid means $0 at the time of service. I anticipate that is what I will get.