Main Dining Substitutions

cruzysuzy

DH and I are really excited about our first Celebrity cruise on the Solstice but have some questions about dining flexibility.

Are the 'standard' salad dressings available in main dining? I have seen some specific dressings listed on the menus but none of them appeal to us.

What is 'Celebrity' salad dressing?

Can we ask for certain ingredients to be omitted? DH and I are not fans of blue cheese and I found the menus to be a little slanted in that respect.

DH and I are really excited about our first Celebrity cruise on the Solstice but have some questions about dining flexibility.

Are the 'standard' salad dressings available in main dining? I have seen some specific dressings listed on the menus but none of them appeal to us.

What is 'Celebrity' salad dressing?

Can we ask for certain ingredients to be omitted? DH and I are not fans of blue cheese and I found the menus to be a little slanted in that respect.

If you have "real" restrictions & not "I don't like" you'll need to contact the cruiseline. They can make some adjustments. As to Bleu Cheese(sorry I love it)just mention this to the maitre D. He/She can accomodate you on this. Not really sure what "Celebrity" salad drssing is,either. Probably some concoction they made up. You'll find in most cases you pretty much can get your standard dressings such as French, Russian, Balsamic Vinegrette, etc. I frequently got the Ceasar Salad(with Anchovies)& the salad was very good. I always found the food to be consistantly very good. I did notice portion size decreased somewhat this year, but staff was very willing to provide extra. If nothing on the menu appeals(check the posted daily menu)You frequently can ask for a substitution.

At any restaurant we always ask for the dressing to be served on the "side". That way we can always change if we want and use it as we desire.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Thanks for the info! The other choices sound fine to us. And I like the idea of asking for dressing on the side.

We've been pretty steady Princess cruisers and am looking forward to the dining on Celebrity.

I am allergic to blue cheese and other aged cheeses. They can usually leave the cheese off of a cold salad but if is mixed or cooked into a dish, I just order something else.

The celebrity dressing is a cream based dressing to me somewhere between ranch and Caesar. In general, celebrity has great dressings. I love that they make a great variety often with herbs in them. As someone said order it on the side, sometimes they even bring three out so you actually can see them before they are put on the salad. They will try to please you.

I am allergic to blue cheese and other aged cheeses. They can usually leave the cheese off of a cold salad but if is mixed or cooked into a dish, I just order something else.

The celebrity dressing is a cream based dressing to me somewhere between ranch and Caesar. In general, celebrity has great dressings. I love that they make a great variety often with herbs in them. As someone said order it on the side, sometimes they even bring three out so you actually can see them before they are put on the salad. They will try to please you.

Have not eaten dinner in MDR for years but know at lunch they normally bring a variety of dressings to choose from. All are excellent. The important thing to remember is always ASK for what you want. They are there to serve you.

• 3 weeks later...

Just back from a lovely time on the Solstice. Asked waiter about salad dressings and was told that only the ones on the menu were available.

But...

The Assistant Maitre'D happened by at the same time and took our room number, assuring us that DH would have his favorite French dressing available every night.

Sometimes you have to kick a request up a notch.

Thanks for the info! The other choices sound fine to us. And I like the idea of asking for dressing on the side.

We've been pretty steady Princess cruisers and am looking forward to the dining on Celebrity.

I am rather picky about dressing & have never had a problem requesting something other than the dressing of the day. We also ask for the dressing on the side.

Remember, if you get it and don't like it, they'll gladly replace it. Make your needs and wants known - most of the staff is terrific!