for those that have cruised Jewel of the Seas...

Hi there, we have just booked a Southern Caribbean cruise on Jewel of the Seas this coming November. I was just wondering if there some sort of café that is open all day/night that serves coffee and maybe a cookie/sandwich.

We cruised Freedom of the Seas last year and got addicted to the Café Promenade. Is there an equivalent on JOS?

As far as I can see there is only the MDR, 2 specialty restaurants and the Windjammer for food and drink. Am I missing anything?

Also, does anyone know when the 2 formal nights are? Same as FOS with Monday and Thursday?

Thanks in advance for your time!

great, thank you!

I just found a reference to a Seaview Café up on one of the top decks....is that an extra charge restaurant or is it included in the fare?

I board Jewel on Saturday so I can give you first hand info when I return but from recent reads, the Cafe' is included with no extra cost until the evening time then there is a charge of $10.00 for "burgers and beer".

Edited by volunteer cruiser

Hi there, we have just booked a Southern Caribbean cruise on Jewel of the Seas this coming November. I was just wondering if there some sort of café that is open all day/night that serves coffee and maybe a cookie/sandwich.

We cruised Freedom of the Seas last year and got addicted to the Café Promenade. Is there an equivalent on JOS?

As far as I can see there is only the MDR, 2 specialty restaurants and the Windjammer for food and drink. Am I missing anything?

Also, does anyone know when the 2 formal nights are? Same as FOS with Monday and Thursday?

Thanks in advance for your time!

The cafe in the Solarium is open 24 hours. :D

Whilst the solarium is open 24 hours the cafe is not.

See post 53 onwards. The cruise compass shows the hours for both seaview cafe and solarium cafe on jewel.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2132766&page=3

Edited by Spurschick

I board Jewel on Saturday so I can give you first hand info when I return but from recent reads, the Cafe' is included with no extra cost until the evening time then there is a charge of $10.00 for "burgers and beer".

Wow, thanks for the update.

• 2 weeks later...

We found the between meals snack options to be poor. The Cafe Lattitudes, had the exact same 5 pastry/dessert options all cruise..no sandwiches. The Seaview hours were really really strange and the $10 charge in the evening is here to stay. This was one of the objections we had to this size ship...would probably choose the AOS next time.