Sit down breakfast

On Quantum, I liked that even though AI was the main dining room breakfast, even Devinly Decadence was seating guests for breakfast. This was very helpful and pleasant when dining as solo as I have often had others take my seat at buffet venues.

They only provided beverage service as items were served buffet style, many in individual pre-portioned plates and they did have a station behind the buffet for made to order egg service and the wait staff would deliver them when ready.

The only reservation for breakfast I know of on RCI ships is for the DreamWorks character breakfast.

The suite dining venue, Coastal Kitchen, provides table service as well and while they do not take reservations they would 'hold' specific tables for some daily guests making that special request.

On Quantum, I liked that even though AI was the main dining room breakfast, even Devinly Decadence was seating guests for breakfast. This was very helpful and pleasant when dining as solo as I have often had others take my seat at buffet venues.

They only provided beverage service as items were served buffet style, many in individual pre-portioned plates and they did have a station behind the buffet for made to order egg service and the wait staff would deliver them when ready.

The only reservation for breakfast I know of on RCI ships is for the DreamWorks character breakfast.

The suite dining venue, Coastal Kitchen, provides table service as well and while they do not take reservations they would 'hold' specific tables for some daily guests making that special request.

You might as well go to the WJ (buffet) with more selections and 3 omelet stations and a separate station for just plain eggs, plus a crepe station towards the back of the restaurant. Your beverages coffee, tea or water can be delivered to your table.

You might as well go to the WJ (buffet) with more selections and 3 omelet stations and a separate station for just plain eggs, plus a crepe station towards the back of the restaurant. Your beverages coffee, tea or water can be delivered to your table.

Quantum class does have a very nice WJ and the outdoor area at the aft is appealing, but this is a taste question. I never enter the WJ at breakfast on any ship. I do not like buffet's, but as stated, the benefit at Devinly Decadence is that guests are or at least 'were' seated by a host/hostess to an assigned table for service.

Quantum class does have a very nice WJ and the outdoor area at the aft is appealing, but this is a taste question. I never enter the WJ at breakfast on any ship. I do not like buffet's, but as stated, the benefit at Devinly Decadence is that guests are or at least 'were' seated by a host/hostess to an assigned table for service.

To each his/her taste, but I'd rather have breakfast or lunch in the WJ than the DD. A little hassle is a lot better than what they serve at DD.

To each his/her taste, but I'd rather have breakfast or lunch in the WJ than the DD. A little hassle is a lot better than what they serve at DD.

I think MADflyers point is that as a solo traveller their table in WJ often got "stolen" as there was no-one to reserve it when they went to get food, whereas in DD as you are seated by a host you keep your table. Therefore a lot less hassle for them.....