I must confess- I am a suite addict!

2boyzmom

Booked our first suite, we have always gone "mini suite" last time out we took an aft facing mini suite and loved it...This time we booked and aft facing penthouse (SF) suite and really looking forward to all the "amenities" I've read about...Sounds like to me once you go "suite" there is no going back...???

We're on the Star next year in 9232, we did get the UDP, UBP and $300.00 on board credit...I did try through our TA to get them to maybe "make us an offer"...???Considering how far out we booked and the 2 other new "freebees" they now offer...Gratuities (which we prepaid @ 12.00/day/person) as well as Shore excursion $$$...Got nothing from NCL, got same thing, nothing from her, which is the last time I will use her or them...Very thoughtless group...

Thanks all,

Rob

Booked our first suite, we have always gone "mini suite" last time out we took an aft facing mini suite and loved it...This time we booked and aft facing penthouse (SF) suite and really looking forward to all the "amenities" I've read about...Sounds like to me once you go "suite" there is no going back...???

We're on the Star next year in 9232, we did get the UDP, UBP and $300.00 on board credit...I did try through our TA to get them to maybe "make us an offer"...???Considering how far out we booked and the 2 other new "freebees" they now offer...Gratuities (which we prepaid @ 12.00/day/person) as well as Shore excursion $$$...Got nothing from NCL, got same thing, nothing from her, which is the last time I will use her or them...Very thoughtless group...

Thanks all,

Rob

I know they wont give you the additional items unless it is a "new booking". I cancelled one cabin and purchased the suite which made us eligible for all four "freebies".

Edited by 2boyzmom

My name is Tracy and I am a suite addict also. I seriously need a 12 step program. Leaving in 2 days for the sky. Although no haven a huge aft balcony and the sky is fun for a long weekend getaway. Next will be the escape in Nov.

If you are on the Sky May 1st cruise, you should join our roll call. There are quite a few of us gathering for sailaway.

It took me years to convince my husband to go on a cruise. Last December he finally did it. I started him with a Haven Suite on the Pearl. My thinking was that if I started him in a suite then my chances of him going again would increase. It worked! We've got an Aft Suite on the Spirit booked for this year!

I am employing this strategy with my husband, although in a GS on RCCL. Since I have also made a reservation for an aft Penthouse on the Pearl for August 2016, I'm hoping he has the same reaction to the Suite Life as your husband.

our first Haven suite is booked for Jan 2016 but the addiction definitely started with Disney Cruise Line in one of their suites

looking forward to our first suite experience on board NCL :)

How are the suites on Disney? I've seen some video on YouTube but most seem very dark from the way it's filmed. Are the worth the high cost?

How are the suites on Disney? I've seen some video on YouTube but most seem very dark from the way it's filmed. Are the worth the high cost?

we did not find them dark at all, the colour palate was cream, teal and chocolate brown with gold accents

we had a one bed cat T with bump out extended balcony, two bathrooms, there was a queen bedroom that was separated off with dividing doors, a double sofa bed, table for four and a pull down murphy bed from the wall

the bathroom was huge with Jacuzzi bath and there was a tv in the mirror :eek:

the concierge lounge was fully stocked with treats all day and two cocktail/ alcohol drinking hours each night pre dinner where the bar man would whisk you up a drink or offer champagne (all included in the cost of the suite)

room service included any food item from any restaurant on board and white tablecloth service

sorry you asked are they worth the high cost ?

on the newer ships the Dream and the Fantasy that both have the lounge then my answer would be Definitely

we would do it again in a heartbeat, but perhaps without the kiddies ;)

Sounds very nice, I may have to check it out first hand

I did do a small report with pictures on another forum but i'm certain I am not allowed to post link on here

I can message you it but cannot see a way of doing that either ? :confused:

I did do a small report with pictures on another forum but i'm certain I am not allowed to post link on here

I can message you it but cannot see a way of doing that either ? :confused:

No pms on here that I can find, I just looked on the site with all the deck plans and photos there was a few great pics there I may be having to book

No pms on here that I can find, I just looked on the site with all the deck plans and photos there was a few great pics there I may be having to book

suite pictures should come with a wallet/ purse warning that say something like the following pictures can seriously impact on your bank balance and are likely to cause cruise addiction :eek:

i wasn't looking for a suite and it took a few online pictures and then my poor husband walked around for weeks saying something about having a "wallet of gloom" which means he had no money left after paying the credit card bill LOL :D

I did it- I just cancelled out 2 balcony connecting cabins and upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite on the Gem for next February. I have been watching the price and it just dropped by $2,000! Still quite bit more but we just love these cabins and nothing better than the suite life on NCL!

We are also suite addicts! Mostly sail on Celebrity and Royal- This will be our first experience in a Haven foward Suite on the Breakaway to Bermuda in about 3 months. Looking foward to the experience!

:D ha ha

he won't be the poor guy for long, one plate of steak and eggs for breakfast and a few beers and that credit card bill will be long forgotten ;)

We just returned from RCCL Liberty of the Seas in 2 connecting very nice cabins, but boy oh boy, we sure missed the suite life. The highlight of the trip was the steak and egg breakfast we had in the steakhouse on Easter Sunday ($10.00 surcharge each) and we knew we could have this everyday in Cagneys for breakfast and lunch. We all knew in our hearts NCL suite life is our true love :)

Edited by 2boyzmom

We are also suite addicts. It started small. Carnival, nothing special. It was nice but not really any lasting affects. Then we got upgraded on Disney when they first started the week long highs, er, cruises. Concierge, the works. It took about a six month program to get the kids and us down from that one. Then we tried RCCL. Our dealer...um...TA was great with that one and also worked us a "deal". Then we experienced the hard stuff.....NCL's Haven. It's not that we can't come down, we just don't want to. Booked the Getaway for Sept with the four add-ons and then, man, we just couldn't resist, decided to go ahead and book the Escape for Jan so we could be sure and get the add-ons for that as well. How does a person even stand a chance of recovery when the support group (i.e. YOU GUYS) are as addicted as we are?!?

I jest.

Our last four Haven bookings have all been a $750 dep each for a total of $1500. Usually reduced deposits are offered by TA's. NCL will have the rare reduced deposit special that includes the Haven suites but not very often.

I figured you expert suite addicts could answer my questions.

I booked our first suite. Aft-facing balcony suite on deck 10. 10664 NCL Gem

From what I've read it seems like that deck has better balconies than 8 or 9. Anyone know?

We don't go until next March so do I have the point system correct? We have only had one NCL cruise to Alaska so that means we have 7 points. How many points will we get for the March cruise of 10 days? Since it is usually 1 point per day that would be 10, then is it double for a suite making 10 more and then are there more points for booking more than 9 months in advance? Will I be at 37 points by the end of that cruise?

For our first cruise we paid for the UDP and really liked it. Now with all the other promos added on I couldn't resist booking the Jade for August 2016 and the exact same cabin was available. So that's why I'm interested in knowing that it's a good choice. This is a 7 night cruise from Venice. Will our points total 21 for a grand total of 58?

Sad to see that it doesn't really get us much more for all those points but the suite still sounds so great to try.