I must confess- I am a suite addict!

2boyzmom

You will love the suite life! And the Deck 10 AFT SF suites are great...huge balconies on Pearl, Dawn, Jewel and willing to bet Gem as well! Enjoy...

About the aft suites......I noticed that on the NCL site when you get to the suite page it lists a few different ones. Everyone except the SF aft suites says you get concierge service, etc. Is it just an oversight or doesn't it apply to the aft suites?

About the aft suites......I noticed that on the NCL site when you get to the suite page it lists a few different ones. Everyone except the SF aft suites says you get concierge service, etc. Is it just an oversight or doesn't it apply to the aft suites?

You have a butler and a concierge in the SF aft suites. We love the aft suites:D

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to put my two cents in. Switched to suite five cruises ago and will never go back! Started in Princess with last two in NCL Haven. No one compares to being in the Haven away from the crowds and Buffett eaters. We are retried and prefer the suite life, I don't believe in wasting money but staying in the Haven is well worth the cost. Last October, NCL raised their Haven prices and they were out of line, my two cruise were at good prices, but NCL was charging 3 to 4 thousand more for same suite, totally outrageous. They have now lowered the prices back down and are competitive with other raise line luxury suites. We will be cruising to Panama Canal this December in Princess Premium suite (NCL Haven was several thousand more, now they are reasonable but like Princess's ports better. May 2016 will be on Celebrity in the Celebrity Suite for first time.

Probably will return to Haven in 2017 if prices stay down, either on new Escape or back on a Jewel class. The penthouse suite on Escape is smaller than the jewel class, so will wait and see.

After being upgraded to the Walt Suite on a Disney Magic cruise, I have never gone back to a "normal" cabin... going on NCL the very first time (POA) and doing a SD cat suite there... am looking forward to comparing the two different suites.... as someone else said - I am sorta doing the same thing - this is my hubby's first ever cruise - so I am putting him in a suite also - hope this works that he will want to cruise again with me....

I have caved to peer pressure...well actually totally awesome pictures and some extra space. I booked our first suite its a 2 bedroom on Escape, next summer.

Here is what makes me a addict and a liar. My DH and kids do not know. They think we are in a mini on deck 8. Like we where on Getaway.

I am paying the extra cost over the mini out of my accounts not the family account. :rolleyes::cool: Yeah yeah his money is my money and my money is my money. It works for us.

At some point I will tell DH the price dropped and I jumped on it and upgraded us. Might not tell kids just let them figure it out when we check in at the Haven desk.

I have caved to peer pressure...well actually totally awesome pictures and some extra space. I booked our first suite its a 2 bedroom on Escape, next summer.

Here is what makes me a addict and a liar. My DH and kids do not know. They think we are in a mini on deck 8. Like we where on Getaway.

I am paying the extra cost over the mini out of my accounts not the family account. :rolleyes::cool: Yeah yeah his money is my money and my money is my money. It works for us.

At some point I will tell DH the price dropped and I jumped on it and upgraded us. Might not tell kids just let them figure it out when we check in at the Haven desk.

That sounds very exciting! I am sure all will be thrilled! Enjoy your cruise

Have cruised many times in suites, but I cannot call myself addicted. I go with a suite/haven if the price is right or it's a special occasion, but I am just as happy with a balcony cabin. The only perk I will really miss on my next cruise in a balcony cabin, is the priority disembarkation. I really don't mind getting my own afternoon snack, if I want one.

That sounds very exciting! I am sure all will be thrilled! Enjoy your cruise

Thanks its the kids 10th cruise and we have never had a suite before but the kids are getting big and its just a little bit more than 2 mini's, DH thinks we booked 1 mini. He is clearly the saver in the family.

I wouldn't tell him at all but I don't want to spend the fist day telling him no worries I took care of it. We have discussed getting a suite but he goes back to "we can't miss what we haven't had before." We used to be able to take 2 cruises a year but now with kids stuff we can only take 1 so why not make it a suite one. :D

On Rccl freedom one year we had a family ocean view. Basically the kids have a bunk "room/closet" It was cool but this is going to be way cooler.

Thanks its the kids 10th cruise and we have never had a suite before but the kids are getting big and its just a little bit more than 2 mini's, DH thinks we booked 1 mini. He is clearly the saver in the family.

I wouldn't tell him at all but I don't want to spend the fist day telling him no worries I took care of it. We have discussed getting a suite but he goes back to "we can't miss what we haven't had before." We used to be able to take 2 cruises a year but now with kids stuff we can only take 1 so why not make it a suite one. :D

On Rccl freedom one year we had a family ocean view. Basically the kids have a bunk "room/closet" It was cool but this is going to be way cooler.

If you ever go back to RCCL book a Royal Family Suite. They are aft facing 2 bedroom, 2 bath cabins with an enormous balcony. Very nice sized living room with dining area too. Sometimes, if they have not been sold out just before sailing they drop the occupancy restrictions and the price. We were able to upgrade just before our Aug 2014 cruise from a Grand Suite to the RFS for only $200 for the 3 of us. The 2nd bedroom is an interior, but is not a bad size at all. One bathroom has a tub and the other just a shower.

Thanks Deb we go back and forth between Rccl and NCL. Do you know do you need 5 to book it? Its not pulling up any of my searches.

I know the family ocean view you usually do but it came up for less and our TA grabbed it for us. Since we are a family of 4

Several years ago after 3 cruises in a Princess mini suite, I booked a suite on Princess California Cruise and surprised my wife. Well after a couple more princess suite cruises and the last 2 in the NCL Haven, I will never go back! We are retired and just figure we deserve it. We even took our 40 year old son on a couple of cruises ( put him in his own cabin). We just completed a Caribbean cruise out of Houston on the NCL Jewel and stayed in the 2 bedroom Haven suite with our 18 year old grandson. He loved having his own space and of course we had the rest of the luxury to ourselves. You are going to love the Haven effect and believe me when I tell you it will be very difficult to go back. We are doing our 40th anniversary in December to Panama Canal in Suite on Coral Princess and back to Alaska May 2016 on Celebrity Solstice in Celebrity Suite, just the two of us.

I really want to cruise on the Escape in early 2017 and stay in the Haven. The Penthouse suite is smaller in the new ship compared to the Jewel class (440 vs 328 sf). A owners suite is just too big a jump and have considered the 2 bedroom Haven for just the two of us because I like the living area and separate master bedroom/bath. Of course the 2nd bedroom would not be used, maybe I'll invite our son to go along again, since his fair is free right now, only port fees.

Anyway, you are going to love the courtyard private pool, spas etc. I think the bar and restaurant will be a nice touch as well. We loved going out of our suite to the courtyard for breakfast, even had some of the Haven passengers in their robes on our last two cruises. Of course the Haven is much smaller, only 14 suites. I do like the design of the new Haven and with 4500 passengers, the private Haven is a must. If you were able to get the free rate for 3rd & 4th passengers, that's your selling point for the Haven.

• 2 weeks later...

Update, just booked the Norwegian Jade Haven Penthouse Suite for February, 2017. Got one hell of a deal $2,601 each and all four of their current promotions, plus my TA threw in $350 OBC. If I find a better deal in 2017 can just cancel, but this is a pretty good deal. Glad NCL has come to their senses and have good rates again

I'm Allan and I'm a money addict. I've stayed in a suite several times, but for the price difference to a window room, I can usually take a second cruise. Two cruises in a window room are far better than one in a suite. And other than sleeping, I'm not in the room much anyway.

I'm too a suite addict! After 3 vista suites mainly for the balcony and amazing privacy and view off the back, not many other perks apart from priority boarding (with Carnival). I've now booked the Owners Suite on the Gem March 2017. Really looking forward to the haven and the 4 extras thrown in. It's my treat for my 40th. Ok ok who am I kidding there would of been another excuse to book a suite. Can't wait to get onboard and enjoy everything the Gem has to offer!

Edited by DominicAUS

Hi, my name is welove2cruise2014 and I am a suite addict...

Booked our first cruise for our honeymoon in 2013... all I said I needed was a balcony and the PCC we got on the phone really sold us on the suite perks! So far we've done SF aft facing PH on Dawn twice with our 3rd coming up: first was Deck 8 then Deck 10.

We work hard and take other land based trips throughout the year ... this is our one annual splurge :)

Booked our first cruise for our honeymoon in 2013... all I said I needed was a balcony and the PCC we got on the phone really sold us on the suite perks! So far we've done SF aft facing PH on Dawn twice with our 3rd coming up: first was Deck 8 then Deck 10.

We work hard and take other land based trips throughout the year ... this is our one annual splurge :)

That is a worthwhile splurge indeed!!

PS that same PCC has been at the ready the last 2 cruises we have booked as well. I am sure he's happy to get the business, but just the same - it makes ME happy to be able to call him and give him the business!!!

Hi. My name is Medicalma'am and I am a suite addict.

I have three suite cruises booked at the time. That doesn't mean that I will ALWAYS cruise in a suite, the perks on NCL keep me there.

My DD cruised with Princess in December and upgraded to a suite and was shocked that there were no perks....only the larger room. :eek: She says that she will cruise NCL in the future if she wants a suite and not waste her $ anywhere else.

Princess is a good cruise line and the suites are nice but the perks don't come close to NCL and Celebrity. My TA said he thinks Princess will start doing more to compete with the other luxury ships. Generally the Princess suite is much less, but as I said earlier NCL has started offering the Haven at good pricing again after going crazy last October. The Princess suites on Regal & Royal are in a much better location with lounge. NCL Haven is the ultimate in a suite experience.

Don't mean to be a snob, "ANO money addict" but if you are worried about money you ought not be considering a suite. If you want to really enjoy a suite, don't crowd 6 or 8 people in it. Two people in a Haven Penthouse and 3 or 4 in the 2 bedroom. Of course if you want to spend big bucks get the 3 bedroom and invite the entire family and friends.

We thought the suite amenities were pretty good on Princess. Free laundry service..free specialty restaurant the first night..suite breakfast in a specialty restaurant every morning..dedicated priority line at the service desk (a godsend).. Free mini bar set up..free shoe shine..etc. We love the amenities on Princess, RCCL and NCL. To be honest, NCL treats suite guests the best in our experience.

i am a little "put off" by NCL's propensity to have such high passenger limits in their suites.

Edited by DCT61

We were victims of a clever TA who got us an upgrade to a suite on our very first cruise :D. The next two cruises we suffered with balconies due to finances. In 2012 my MIL started cruising with us and while she wanted her own space - paying the single uplift for an inside with us in a balcony we found it cheaper to put three of us in an SF Suite on that cruise. Our next outing is a 14 day Canada and New England cruise next fall - this time we booked a 2 bdrm family suite on the Dawn - now MIL will have her space, we will have ours and there is still space for all of us to sit and enjoy. :D

BTW when we planned this cruise we were not sure that MIL would want to go = my DW insisted that our backup plan was an SF or SE suite :)

I think we are now officially addicted.

We don't cruise often - but when we do it will be in a suite.

Dominic and Rumpunch - the OS is a dangerous addiction, and easy to fall into.

Our 1st OS cruise was in 2002 to Alaska on the Wind. That was so good, we soon booked the Mexican Riviera on the Star. We are getting ready to cruise to Alaska again in September on the Jewel. It will be our 11th on NCL, the only one not in the OS was a Garden Villa cruise, the NW Pacific Coastal on the Star.

We have a Panama Canal cruise booked next December on the Pearl. Oh yes, it's in the OS too. Once you get used to the space and amenities, it's hard to imagine cruising without them (until retirement comes!). Look out!