B2B -- what happens on turnaround day?

joanna111

Okay, I may have my terms wrong because we've never taken two cruises in a row before. We'll be on the Nieuw Amsterdam for a 7 day cruise followed by a 20 day cruise with Civitavecchia being the end of the first one and the beginning of the second one. My question is: can we take shore excursions that day? Nothing shows on the website except for the private touring. Some of our fellow travelers will be on a 14day with Rome as the halfway point so I imagine that excursions are available to them...but not to us?

As discussed here regularly, if your turnaround day is in a non-US port, it is like any other port. You can just walk off, do whatever you wish, take excursions, whatever. Frequently you will be allowed to use a special gangway so you don't have to deal with the lines of people coming onboard as the first day of their cruise.

If it is in a US port, it is a whole different ball game.

Stay tuned as the turn around day excursions are often added later than others. Maybe they want to see how many B2B passengers there will be before adding these 0 who knows. One cruise, they added a few tours about 5 days before the turn around day and sent notices to those people.

We did this a few years ago and scheduled an excursion with a private company for that day. It was wonderful to see the Etruscan sites and countryside nearby. We were allowed to return to the ship later and not attend the life boat drill since we had done that on our first segment.

Have a great time!

As discussed here regularly, if your turnaround day is in a non-US port, it is like any other port. You can just walk off, do whatever you wish, take excursions, whatever. Frequently you will be allowed to use a special gangway so you don't have to deal with the lines of people coming onboard as the first day of their cruise.

If it is in a US port, it is a whole different ball game.

Our B2B in Europe we did exactly what CruiserBruce said. We had a special gangway and just got off for the day. Also for us several days prior we received special excursions in port at Venice if we wished to take one. We had to fill it out and give it to front office several days prior to disembarkation day, if we wished to take a excursion.

Denise

Okay, I may have my terms wrong because we've never taken two cruises in a row before. We'll be on the Nieuw Amsterdam for a 7 day cruise followed by a 20 day cruise with Civitavecchia being the end of the first one and the beginning of the second one. My question is: can we take shore excursions that day? Nothing shows on the website except for the private touring. Some of our fellow travelers will be on a 14day with Rome as the halfway point so I imagine that excursions are available to them...but not to us?

I have a similar cruise -- 2 7-day B2B, same ship, same cabin. HAL customer service told me because it's 2 separate bookings, I can't see/purchase excursions in the turn-around port (where one cruise ends and the other starts) on their site but that once I'm on board, I can book excursions for that port. So I expect the same for you -- once you're on board, you can book excursions for that day.

Thanks everone. I should have said it's Civitavecchia. It sounds like there may be excursions announced later on -- I'll come up with a diy plan B in case. Nice if we don't have to do the lifeboat drill again.

Please may I also ask what difference there might be when we do a b2b next year, changing in Singapore. We have different cabins on the two legs, several decks apart. Do we pack completely or is there any help in moving and when do we move? Thank you for any advice, this will be our first HAL cruise