How to get to Venice airport from San Basillio Pier

funtoocruise

Can anyone help with information on how to get to the Venice airport from the San Basillio Pier. Can you get to the people mover then to the Piazza Roma or is that very far. We docked at the Maritima Pier the only other time I was in Venice, it was a bit of a walk but doable to the People mover but I have no Idea where the Basillio pier is located. Or is just better to do the cruise line transfer.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

It could not be easier to get from San Basilio to Piazzale Roma. Much easier than from Marittima.

Right next to the San Basilio pier building, just across a small wooden bridge, there is a vaporetto stop where you can board the #2 vaporetto to Piazzale Roma. (This vaporetto also continues to the train station, for anyone looking to board a train, which is what I did.)

From Piazzale Roma you can take the express bus (with luggage storage beneath) to the airport.

It could not be easier to get from San Basilio to Piazzale Roma. Much easier than from Marittima.

Right next to the San Basilio pier building, just across a small wooden bridge, there is a vaporetto stop where you can board the #2 vaporetto to Piazzale Roma. (This vaporetto also continues to the train station, for anyone looking to board a train, which is what I did.)

From Piazzale Roma you can take the express bus (with luggage storage beneath) to the airport.

Thanks Cruisemom do you know the cost of the vaporetto by chance?

I believe it is still 7 euro per single ticket.

If you buy a pass (e.g., for 24 hours) you can save significantly but only if you plan to use the vaporetto several times. I don't know if you are just arriving in Venice that morning, but if you have an overnight there it's something to consider.

I believe it is still 7 euro per single ticket.

If you buy a pass (e.g., for 24 hours) you can save significantly but only if you plan to use the vaporetto several times. I don't know if you are just arriving in Venice that morning, but if you have an overnight there it's something to consider.

Perfect thanks. We arrive in Venice on the Cruise ship we have an overnight here then disembark the next day to go home.

(Land)taxis can get to San Basilio. That is the quickest and easiest way to the airport.

The pictures show the bridge that cruisemom42 mentioned. The cruise terminal is on the left. The vaporetto dock is on the right.

2044720071_ScreenShot2015-04-28at7_29_04PM.jpg.1fce1d927255a4a7e745fb8e612c4e66.jpg

355897636_ScreenShot2015-04-28at7_29_29PM.jpg.6007df740667f9e17bb98292b98d4818.jpg

Edited by Earl Rosebery

(Land)taxis can get to San Basilio. That is the quickest and easiest way to the airport.

The pictures show the bridge that cruisemom42 mentioned. The cruise terminal is on the left. The vaporetto dock is on the right.

Thank you for the information. This makes my planning much easier!

Thank you for the information. This makes my planning much easier!

P.S. You can't get to the people mover from San Basilio. If you plug these coordinates into google maps, you will find yourself in front of the San basilio terminal.45.431398,12.317996

The screen shot shows the terminal building with the Vaporetto stop at the top left. (the small white square in the laguna).

1178006941_ScreenShot2015-04-29at9_22_23PM.jpg.0da908c0ee64cbff06e8f38baadfe3e2.jpg