Oasis JS Balcony sizes

I currently have a JS booked on the Oasis that is on Deck 9 - #9642

It's on the hump with the deeper balcony

Another JS has become available - Deck 12 # 12630

I've heard that Deck 12 is very much preferred, but this stateroom is just in front of the hump and therefore has the standard depth balcony.

Since this is my first RCCL cruise, I want the best experience I can afford.

Wondering if someone knows the size difference between the 2 balconies &

would you switch staterooms? Why?

Thanks in advance for your help:)

I've found that a normal JS balcony is more than adequate...a JS is much wider than a standard cabin, therefore, the balcony is wider, also. Unless you have a crowd, any JS balcony will be fine!!

I've heard that Deck 12 is very much preferred, but this stateroom is just in front of the hump and therefore has the standard depth balcony.

I agree with the OP, all JS are good and adequate in size .... that's what we always book. However, we love being on the Hump. We like the mid ship location, the jutting out view and of course the extra size, although the regular one, as I said is just fine. I think it's personal choice. That being said, we always book the JS and if we can get the Hump, all the better! Being up higher is nice as well, but we've been on deck 9 many times and it's always good. Whatever you choose, you will have a great time and be very comfortable .... Happy Sailing! :)

I've found that a normal JS balcony is more than adequate...a JS is much wider than a standard cabin, therefore, the balcony is wider, also. Unless you have a crowd, any JS balcony will be fine!!

Our last cruise we had the JS 8642 on the hump just below yours. It was nice and had plenty of space for my lounger. It is wide as previous posters mentioned and roomy. I loved it and would choose that one again...I actually tried for my next cruise but it is taken:rolleyes:

I guess it all depends on where you want to spend most of your time. I would not give up the Hump balcony, or deck 9. I had 8642 on the Allure and it was wonderful. You are only one deck up from Central Park. It is easier to get to all parts of the ship using the stairs from a more central deck.

We were just on the Oasis in 9644 - right next door. The balcony is much deeper on the hump, and we loved it. I thought deck 9 was fine. I didn't have any complaints. I would stay on deck 9, if I were you.

Thanks everyone for all your input, it's most appreciated ...

We have decided to move up to the JS on deck 12 with the regular depth balcony. I found out that some friends will be on 12 also, so this works wonderfully

Thanks again :)

Just to clarify for anyone wanting info on 9642 in the future. The only potential noise related to kids is on the balcony. The part of the RFS that shares a wall with 9642 is the "master" bedroom, which is a JS within the RFS and only sleeps 2. In the majority of cases, the kids won't be in that part of the suite. There is a small interior bedroom that sleeps 4 and shares a wall with the hallway and the cabin on the other side that is not on the hump (the kids and I shared this room). That interior bedroom is right next to the bathroom of the neighboring cabin, and I had the pleasure of hearing the neighboring cabin's toilet flush right next to my head all night.

Balcony noise can be an issue anywhere on the ship. My father complained that he went out on our balcony early one morning to enjoy the sound of the ocean and the sunrise. He was instead confronted with the incredibly loud snoring of someone sleeping on their balcony. Balcony noise comes in many forms.

I guess it all depends on where you want to spend most of your time. I would not give up the Hump balcony, or deck 9. I had 8642 on the Allure and it was wonderful. You are only one deck up from Central Park. It is easier to get to all parts of the ship using the stairs from a more central deck.

My boyfriend and I were also recently in 8642 on Allure! We used the stairs all the time, which was much different from our first cruise where we had a boardwalk balcony on deck 12. I much preferred using the stairs as it made me feel a little less guilty for eating so much.

8642/9642/etc are right in the center of the hump too and my only complaint was the family next to us was loud on their balcony but it was only ever an issue in the mornings when they were all trying to eat breakfast out there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for all your input, it's most appreciated ...

We have decided to move up to the JS on deck 12 with the regular depth balcony. I found out that some friends will be on 12 also, so this works wonderfully

Thanks again :)

On our first Oasis sailing we had cabin 12630. Note that this cabin balcony has only one lounge chair, two regular chairs and a table. On second Oasis sailing we had 12636 on the hump. The balcony had more room with two lounge chairs, two regular chairs and table. Enjoy yoour cruise.

On our first Oasis sailing we had cabin 12630. Note that this cabin balcony has only one lounge chair, two regular chairs and a table. On second Oasis sailing we had 12636 on the hump. The balcony had more room with two lounge chairs, two regular chairs and table. Enjoy yoour cruise.

9642 had 2 chairs, one small table, and two loungers. A $5 Palm grease got me a pad for one of the loungers

Perhaps a bit of grease might be able to aid in the procurement of another lounge. I'll do without a pad ;)

Perhaps a bit of grease might be able to aid in the procurement of another lounge. I'll do without a pad ;)

Another lounge would be to tight. The pad is nice. Allowed me to actually sleep outside one night.

See post 11. :p

Edited by John&LaLa

I don't think that's accurate - decks 8 and 9 are very often cited as the most popular decks on Oasis class ships. Due to the proximity to central park which makes it easier to get around fhe ship (rather than waLking down endless hallways past cabins).

I myself have had a hump JS on deck 9 and loved it, have also booked deck 9 for Harmony next year.

As far as cabins/decks, we like to be near an elevator.

On the April 25 (that we just finished) we were in 11176 about 4 cabins aft of forward elevators, we found that the best way to to anywhere aft was to take the elevator to 8, walk through Central Park then up or down the aft elevator.