Pinnacle Hotel

Tee & Chilli

i'd suggest posting to the Vancouver forum of tripadvisor.

Tripadvisor has a lot more locals participating so it's a better resource for non-cruise info.

Or use the SEARCH feature on tripadvisor. I don't look at their reviews anymore unless the person has 12+ reviews posted. Too many are staged.

Edited by mapleleaves

I'd concur with Tripadvisor, Expedia etc. reviews being the way to go - the Pinnacle left the Rennaissance Hotel group late last year to go solo under new management. Someone asked about it on CC early this year and our local hotel 'inside man' couldn't provide any info as to likelihood of it improving/declining so ensure you only read reviews from 2015 to get a better idea of how it is now.

Unless another local has suddenly stumbled onto new information you won't hear anything relevant on CC as cruisers have only had barely a week since the season started to have stayed there - and any who did could still be cruising!

I'd concur with Tripadvisor, Expedia etc. reviews being the way to go - the Pinnacle left the Rennaissance Hotel group late last year to go solo under new management. Someone asked about it on CC early this year and our local hotel 'inside man' couldn't provide any info as to likelihood of it improving/declining so ensure you only read reviews from 2015 to get a better idea of how it is now.

Unless another local has suddenly stumbled onto new information you won't hear anything relevant on CC as cruisers have only had barely a week since the season started to have stayed there - and any who did could still be cruising!

Good information. Thanks

Well, . . . if you can be patient, I could let you know in June. :)

I recently 'purchased' this Hotel via Hotwire Hot Rate and will be staying there the end of May. We wont be back until mid-June however, so wont be able to post an update until then.

As has been pointed out, this use to be the Renaissance until ~ end of last year. The recent 2015 reviews on Trip Adviser are mostly positive. As usual, few of the negative ones are for specific issues that a particular guest had that they felt wasn't addressed to their satisfaction, . . . you can read the details to decide if you agree or not. One thing I did note while reading them, that the current GM responds to some of the posts (both positive and negative). In my experience, properties where management takes an active role in responding to reviews are very involved of the quality of the product their guests experience, and usually this is a positive sign as it trickles down through the staff. On that note, most all the reviews were very complimentary of the staff. None of this translates to how the property is today, but I felt comfortable after this research.

Other things to note, the hotel is within walking distance of the Seawall & Canada Place, yea!, . . . and through Hotwire when I got it, the price was very very very good! :)

Anyway, my 2 cents.

Edited by brentp

There is still a Marriott Pinnacle Hotel and it's on Hastings Street, as is the Pinnacle Hotel Vancouver Waterfront (which used to be the Renaissance Harbourside). Both the Marriott and the Pinnacle are highly rated on Trip Advisor, and are located directly across the street from each other.

There is still a Marriott Pinnacle Hotel and it's on Hastings Street, as is the Pinnacle Hotel Vancouver Waterfront (which used to be the Renaissance Harbourside). Both the Marriott and the Pinnacle are highly rated on Trip Advisor, and are located directly across the street from each other.

Thanks, I'm looking at changing my reservation to the Pinnacle Hotel Vancouver Waterfront. It's a little more than my current reservation but might be worth the expense to be close to Canada Place.

Thanks, I'm looking at changing my reservation to the Pinnacle Hotel Vancouver Waterfront. It's a little more than my current reservation but might be worth the expense to be close to Canada Place.
Huh... location wise... the two Marriotts are basically across the street from one another... not going to make much difference getting to the cruise terminal.

Click on these links and scroll down for reviews...

In general...

• Pinnacle is newer
  • Harbourfront is old, but offers water views.

Was this the former "Renaissance" that is on the water?

There used to be a Pinnacle Marriott hotel.

Sorry - confused.....

If you look at this Streetview... the Pinnacle is on your left (South side). The Marriot Harbourfront (former Renaissance) is on the right (North Side).

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Pinnacle+Vancouver+Harbourfront+Hotel/@49.287878,-123.119592,3a,75y,278.43h,120.29t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sdCJN5hlijL-3wrg-vDMbkQ!2e0!4m2!3m1!1s0x0000000000000000:0x6760951648061853

If you look at this satellite view.... the land North of the Harbourfront/Renaissance has been filled in to form a park with the West Convention Centre.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Pinnacle+Vancouver+Harbourfront+Hotel/@49.2897531,-123.1194833,770m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x0000000000000000:0x6760951648061853

Huh... location wise... the two Marriotts are basically across the street from one another... not going to make much difference getting to the cruise terminal.

Click on these links and scroll down for reviews...

In general...

• Pinnacle is newer
  • Harbourfront is old, but offers water views.

I was not originally at the Marriott. Thanks for the links.

If you look at this Streetview... the Pinnacle is on your left (South side). The Marriot Harbourfront (former Renaissance) is on the right (North Side).

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Pinnacle+Vancouver+Harbourfront+Hotel/@49.287878,-123.119592,3a,75y,278.43h,120.29t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sdCJN5hlijL-3wrg-vDMbkQ!2e0!4m2!3m1!1s0x0000000000000000:0x6760951648061853

If you look at this satellite view.... the land North of the Harbourfront/Renaissance has been filled in to form a park with the West Convention Centre.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Pinnacle+Vancouver+Harbourfront+Hotel/@49.2897531,-123.1194833,770m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x0000000000000000:0x6760951648061853

Thanks - I had previously stayed at Renaissance and knew of the Pinnacle Marriott. Just wanted to make sure I understood this correctly. I still love the Fairmont Pacific Rim!

NCL offers the Pinnacle Marriott as one of its hotel for pre or post cruise.

Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown

Welcome to the Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel. This Vancouver finest hotel offers warm hospitality, an inviting atmosphere and award winning CAA/AAA Four Diamond service. The hotel location will please travelers with its prime location - Coal Harbour, surrounded by both the natural beauty of British Columbia and the vibrancy of downtown Vancouver. It is only 7 minutes walk to the Vancouver Cruise Ship Terminal, and the boutique shops and trendy restaurants of Robson Street. The Vancouver Marriott hotel is also close to other Vancouver attractions such as Stanley Park, the Vancouver Aquarium and Gastown. Vancouver's best restaurants including the hotels award winning Show Case Restaurant. Our commitment to providing our guests with every comfort and convenience has distinguished us as one of the finest hotels in the city. Comfortably spacious and tastefully elegant rooms reflect the attention we have given to every detail, from the quality bed linen to the ergonomic chair and desk. This 4-star award-winning property is located in a prime downtown location, just steps away from the Vancouver Convention Center and Robson Street, which is famous for its shopping and dining. Our packages include transfer between hotel and pier (US $10 value), taxes and luggage handling.

Prices from $159 USD*

Hotel appears to be close to the cruise terminal.