Wash your Hands

We were just on the Quantum and it was the same, we were asked to wash our hands, I did not see anyone refuse and wonder what they would have done if that happened, my best guess would be nothing. I am a germaphobe and personally like the sink there but I do agree with your comment about being forced to do so.

On my Quantum sailing, I observed for a minute as the Windjammer hostess asked everyone coming in to enter through the sink area by extending her arm out and pointing in the direction of the sinks.... I am being generous when I say maybe 1 of 10 people listened (it was more like 1 out of 20).

I do like the idea, think its great. dare I say in-genius.

now the flip side....how many times do you think someone will have a slip due to water on the floor. kids will make a huge mess. I can sure see some issues unless there is a mop being used at all times and even then, can you keep up with the little spills? and if its liquid soap being used its going to be worse as this falls to the floor. :eek:

again, don't bite me cause I think its a really good idea just wonder what we will end up seeing as a result. :rolleyes:

Maybe because one just came out of the restroom, having actually washed their hands? If someone tells me to wash them again, am I supposed to do it to make them feel better? Or can I say, "I just washed my hands 30 seconds ago?".

I did some research - couldn't find a single reported incidence of anyone dieing form having washed their hands twice within 30 seconds so rest easy. Washy Washy :)

Don't get me wrong I'm a fan of good sanitation and safety... but really we got the washing police and the clothing police now required washing in front of people.

How about the servers, the cooks, the stewards, dang everyone should submit to daily hand and blood swipes :rolleyes:

Edited by chipmaster

I think one reason they're putting in sinks now is because lots of recent studies have shown that sanitizer (even the strongest available) is absolutely useless against noro. You might as well be using plain ole water....

On my Quantum sailing, I observed for a minute as the Windjammer hostess asked everyone coming in to enter through the sink area by extending her arm out and pointing in the direction of the sinks.... I am being generous when I say maybe 1 of 10 people listened (it was more like 1 out of 20).

On my sailing last week they had the Windjammer roped off so we had to go through the sink area to enter. Our group always washed our hands. I not only washed my hands at the sinks but I use wipes before I start to eat. Two out of 6 of us got colds on day 3 disputed our efforts.

I wash my hands before coming to any food venue...I am immune compromised and detest having to pump soap from a container that scores of other people are using picking up possibly even more germs in the process of recleaning....if the whole setup is automatic I would be happy to redo....visiting a critically ill family member for the last 6 weeks in hospital....containers everywhere that say....push here....not me! I'm not sharing all the germs others have left behind...the bathrooms were automatic as they should be everywhere!...

I think one reason they're putting in sinks now is because lots of recent studies have shown that sanitizer (even the strongest available) is absolutely useless against noro. You might as well be using plain ole water...

It's true sadly, hand-sanitizer only works on viruses/bacterium that have a lipid coating/case - it works by destroying the lipid and exposing the virus.

Norovirus doesn't have a lipid case and is unaffected by alcohol hand-sanitizer - even the strongest ones.

Luckily there's a quick, cheap and reliable way to get rid of norovirus: Wash. Your. Hands.

It's also handy for those of us with kids with kids who sometimes get their hands messy while eating, I hate having to take my son to the public restroom to wash his hands while eating because I tend to feel like he will leave it dirtier than he went in!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk