Enchantment of the Seas Galley tour?

Hiya! We'll be sailing in July and trying to find fun and different things to do on board the ship. I've got a 12 year old traveling with me and we'd like to do more than just wander the ship randomly!

I've seen several people post comments about taking a galley tour and I was wondering how to reserve that?! That sounds like it would be interesting!

Are there any other tours that we could sign up for as well? Any suggestions? My 12 year old is intelligent and inquisitive and isn't afraid to learn things...

Thanks for any tips!! I'd really appreciate it!

Royal offers an All-Access tour which is about 3 hours and covers the galley, bridge, engone control room, and much more. Cost is $150pp. Should be available to pre-book in your cruise planner - if not check at Guest Services once onboard.

We were on Brilliance OTS in October. One morning in the Centrum they had a lot of the chefs displaying their favorite dishes. After this they offered to anyone that was interested a galley tour. All you had to do was meet outside the main dining room. We loved it and it was a fun free surprise. You might check the cruise compass for something like that to be held in the Centrum on one of your sea days.

thank you Bob for the info! We'll definitely look into that - it sounds like a very interesting tour!

We were on Brilliance OTS in October. One morning in the Centrum they had a lot of the chefs displaying their favorite dishes. After this they offered to anyone that was interested a galley tour. All you had to do was meet outside the main dining room. We loved it and it was a fun free surprise. You might check the cruise compass for something like that to be held in the Centrum on one of your sea days.

theredwoodguy, another thread had a copy of the cruise compass for their cruise (just a short while ago) and I saw "chef demonstration" on the 2nd day... we'll have to go check that out!! thanks!

One or two cruises ago, our waiter told our table that the Chef was offering a galley tour the next morning at 10AM (sea day). All we had to do was show up if we were interested, which we did. I'm not sure if they were asking each table or not, and if not how our table was asked, but there was only about 30 people that showed up for the tour.

As a former professional Chef, I was quite impressed with the foodservice operation going on "behind closed doors".

Jeff

edit: this was on Freedom.

Edited by mjeff87