Booked NCL Alaskan Cruise- What to do next??

Ingrins

Hello all,

First Post here. I have a little over a year before my first cruise what in the world should we be doing to prepare? I can't buy flights yet, or even excursions because it is so far out. Any suggestions? We are going on the NCL Sun May 16th-23rd roundtrip Vancouver. Thanks in advance!:):)

Go over to the NCL board and do some reading. Can't give you the link right now, but someone else will shortly, I'm sure.

Go to the Alaska board and start researching the ports. Maybe you can see the ports without tours, or with private tours. Again, can't give the link now...

Join your roll call, when one is established. That will help you develop ideas, things to do, ways to do those things.

So, in summary, some research and reading will be beneficial.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Hello all,

First Post here. I have a little over a year before my first cruise what in the world should we be doing to prepare? I can't buy flights yet, or even excursions because it is so far out. Any suggestions? We are going on the NCL Sun May 16th-23rd roundtrip Vancouver. Thanks in advance!:):)

Include a few days in Vancouver - great city.

The next thing to do would be to cancel it and move over to Princess. NCL Alaska is the pits.

Good Luck.

That's a very unkind and subjective thing to say. Our first cruise to Alaska was on the NCL Pearl and we had a wonderful time.

The next thing to do would be to cancel it and move over to Princess. NCL Alaska is the pits.

Good Luck.

Well that's rude. NCL keeps sending full ships to Alaska, so somebody must think it's great.

OP: Your next step is to begin your countdown, set aside some extra cash for excursions or shopping, and maybe do research on the places you will visit.

You will love the Sun. It has been our favorite ship to date. We did the same cruise you are doing in 2013.

The ship is small and has a reputation of one of the best crews. She has a wonderful Observation Lounge so on Glacier Bay day plan on getting there early and listening to the National Park Ranger. It is well worth your time.

Things to do:

First, make sure you have the necessary travel documents for you and everyone in your party.

Second, if needed, set up a plan to save money to pay for the cruise, air, etc.

Third, start looking at the ports to see wat you would like to do in each

Actually, it's not subjective at all. I've sailed Star, Pearl and Sun to Alaska. All okay cruises. I have also done Princess, HAL and Crystal to Alaska all of which were far superior to NCL.

NCL sails full because they are cheap not because they are good.