Laundry?

Junior1962

I understand the Eurodam doesn't have DIY laundry services onboard. I know we can hand wash items and hang them in the ensuite but we will need various items washed at times. Can anyone tell me what sort of charges to expect?

You can buy unlimited laundry for the entire cruise for $7.00 a day, so for a 1 week cruise it would cost $49.00 . They also have a set price to wash whatever you can manage to stuff in a laundry bag. Sorry, I forget what that was. You can also opt to pay per piece, but that was really expensive.

The "all you can stuff in the blue bag" is around $20US per bag. People say they are amazed at how much they can stuff in one bag (although jeans take up a lot of the room....)

Thank you both.

I've heard of the $7.00 per day but someone said it was only avail in North America. We are going to the Baltics and Norway. Also, is that per person or per stateroom?

I called HAL and was told that it would be $168 for our 24 day Magic of the Mediterranean cruise which works out to be $7 a day per cabin. I made sure to get it in writing so that I don't have any issues on the ship.

If you purchase the Laundry package in advance by ringing HAL you will only pay $7 per day. I did this for our 22 day Mediterranean cruise that we disembarked. I received a card in our suite that said that I had received a "gift" of the laundry package (that I had paid for).

I used it almost every day for 22 days and there were no charges on my account.

I paid $154. 22 x $7.

Thank you both.

I've heard of the $7.00 per day but someone said it was only avail in North America. We are going to the Baltics and Norway. Also, is that per person or per stateroom?

We are doing Midnight Sun cruise in Norway later this month, I booked unlimited laundry when I made the final payment for $7/day US, form HAL Australia. It is per stateroom. cheers rojay.:)

If you don't opt for unlimited laundry but plan to do the "by the bag" option, I think you'll be amazed at how much you can stuff into that laundry bag! Experiment with your particular clothing, but I found that folding jeans to the shape of the bag and laying them in flat first, then rolling the other items very, very tightly and stuffing those in, forcing socks and small items into the corners and then using the best wrist action you have to force the rolled items down even more, could allow a whole week's worth of clothes for two people to fit in that bag. We have enough days with HAL now to have unlimited laundry, but my DH used to say that it was a wonder that I didn't break a wrist, stuffing that laundry into the bag!

Write your laundry list as you go; you won't want to have to undo your stuffing work to make sure you counted everything correctly. We've always been very pleased with the quality of the work done by the ship's laundry team.

I called HAL and was told that it would be $168 for our 24 day Magic of the Mediterranean cruise which works out to be $7 a day per cabin. I made sure to get it in writing so that I don't have any issues on the ship.

Price has not gone up.

24 day Mediteranian Romance we did on the Nieuw Amsterdam was that price!

And that was 8/2013!

You can stuff soooo much in the laundry bag for 20.00 too!

Did that on our 14 day Carribean cruise this past March on the Nieuw!

Denise:)

For anyone who'd rather not pay extra for laundry ....

The simplest way I have found to wash several items at once is to use the shower .... while I am showering.

Yes, I step on the clothes and they get good and wet and soapy. After I have thoroughly rinsed myself off, I pick up the clothing, one piece at a time, and rinse under the shower to make sure all the soap is out.

After ringing out in the shower, the clothing then gets twisted dry in a bath towel, and hung to dry.

Does the "by the bag" option or the "unlimited" option include pressing or steaming? I'm thinking it might be worth the extra $$ to have it done each day. No dirty socks laying around the cabin.:D Thanks all for your responses.

Last reported to be $9.00 per cabin.