News from Noordam in Alaska Inside Passage

Crew News

Question for CrewsNews: how many children were on your last cruise ?

My best guess would be about 80. I saw at least six babies with a number of them being "walked" by grandparents to calm them in the MDR. The ship's Captain had his two babies in a double stroller. There was also a baby who rode in the second seat with a parent on my dogsledding excursion in Skagway that gave me a permanent front seat on the dogsled to make some good videos.

I did see two elevators filled with teens on their scavenger hunt. One family had at least seven children.

Most of the youth were only seen at evening meal times but the count was far higher than I am used to seeing on a cruise while most USA schools were still in session.

My best guess would be about 80. I saw at least six babies with a number of them being "walked" by grandparents to calm them in the MDR. The ship's Captain had his two babies in a double stroller. There was also a baby who rode in the second seat with a parent on my dogsledding excursion in Skagway that gave me a permanent front seat on the dogsled to make some good videos.

I did see two elevators filled with teens on their scavenger hunt. One family had at least seven children.

Most of the youth were only seen at evening meal times but the count was far higher than I am used to seeing on a cruise while most USA schools were still in session.

In our area, many children are now home schooled so they can cruise any time they want to.

Then there are parents who don't worry about taking their children out of school and missing classes.

Thank you Crew News for a very informative updates and reviews of the tours. I really appreciate it as do many other cc'ers too. Look forward to the photos on your blog.

Looking forward to our cruise now.

vin