Coke freestyle machine

We are planning on booking the ultimate drinks package on our transatlantic on Anthem and have read that you need to use the cup you are give with the freestyle machines.

However do they have somewhere you can properly clean your cup between uses as just rinsing it under water won't really clean it and we don't want to use a dirty cup for 8 days. Ideally we would prefer not to have to carry a cup round with us in case we want a soft drink so do they have disposable cups or other glasses you can use with the machines as well?

If not I suppose we need to take washing up liquid and a cloth with us to clean them properly.

Sorry for the rather odd question, but we really dislike dirty cups.

We are planning on booking the ultimate drinks package on our transatlantic on Anthem and have read that you need to use the cup you are give with the freestyle machines.

However do they have somewhere you can properly clean your cup between uses as just rinsing it under water won't really clean it and we don't want to use a dirty cup for 8 days. Ideally we would prefer not to have to carry a cup round with us in case we want a soft drink so do they have disposable cups or other glasses you can use with the machines as well?

If not I suppose we need to take washing up liquid and a cloth with us to clean them properly.

I find washing my cup in the sink in my room is adequate, but if you really dislike dirty cups that much and it's a problem, you can ask any bar staff to give it a wash or you can exchange it for a new one everyday.

You can NOT get a disposable cup or any glass, as a computer chip is in the base of the cup and knows you and what week you are on, so it only works for that week. You can't take a cup from an old cruise and use that as the chip wouldn't be recognised and the machine would not work.

You CAN just ask for a soft drink from any bar, but the choice is limited to coke, diet coke, sprite and anything else soft drink they have behind the bar. Not all the 120 flavours from the machine. Just ask what you can have at the bar and the waiter will give you the list.

If you want to use the machine, then you need the cup. You can get a drink from any bar though. We only used the machine once as a novelty just to see how it worked.

The bar staff will rinse the cup out for you. I'm not sure how dirty you think it will get?

I have 3 unopened cups at home from prior cruises - interesting to know that the chip only works for that cruise!!! Drat!!;)

Thanks both for the replies, the dirt is mainly my partners lipstick :)

Good solutions, think for what it's worth will just get our soft drinks from the bar with a cheeky of vodka ;-)

You could always use a straw.

Shame not to use the machine as you get 120 different flavours including still drinks like powerade and minute maid.

Thanks both for the replies, the dirt is mainly my partners lipstick :)

Good solutions, think for what it's worth will just get our soft drinks from the bar with a cheeky of vodka ;-)

If you want flavor, you can get your choice of soda flavor from the machine and add vodka at the bar.

Use the cup just for soda transfer and switch to a "real" glass at the bar.

Orange flavored tonic from the machine with orange vodka from the bar, etc.

I did a lot of this Machine / Bar mixing on my Quantum cruise.

If you want flavor, you can get your choice of soda flavor from the machine and add vodka at the bar.

Use the cup just for soda transfer and switch to a "real" glass at the bar.

Orange flavored tonic from the machine with orange vodka from the bar, etc.

I did a lot of this Machine / Bar mixing on my Quantum cruise.

What a fantastic idea, wouldn't have thought of that and would make for some interesting drinks

I was not impressed with the drinks machines as during the Anthem cruise I was on it ran out of all diet drinks on day 2, you could not even get sparkling water.

The machines themselves were also pretty grotty so the hygiene issue was with them rather than personal cups.

I was not impressed with the drinks machines as during the Anthem cruise I was on it ran out of all diet drinks on day 2, you could not even get sparkling water.

The machines themselves were also pretty grotty so the hygiene issue was with them rather than personal cups.

There are (at least on Quantum) at least five freestyle machines. The flavors are stocked separately for each machine. Sparkling water is just water and CO2... if they can't do sparkling water, they can't make ANY carbonated soda.

Honestly, I don't believe that all five freestyle machines were down. That just sounds INCREDIBLY implausible to me.

There are (at least on Quantum) at least five freestyle machines. The flavors are stocked separately for each machine. Sparkling water is just water and CO2... if they can't do sparkling water, they can't make ANY carbonated soda.

Honestly, I don't believe that all five freestyle machines were down. That just sounds INCREDIBLY implausible to me.

I did not try 5 machines, I tried 2 and as a paying customer I should not have to trail around a rather large ship to get a soda, they should be stocked. As to your view of this being implausible - it is a fact, I do not lie.

For that matter the bars also ran out of many of the beers and most of the better wines by the glass, the ship was a shambles when it came to drinks.

I did not try 5 machines, I tried 2 and as a paying customer I should not have to trail around a rather large ship to get a soda, they should be stocked. As to your view of this being implausible - it is a fact, I do not lie.

For that matter the bars also ran out of many of the beers and most of the better wines by the glass, the ship was a shambles when it came to drinks.

Was this cruise by any chance a 3 day one?

I can say that on a Quantum 12 night'er there were times the Windjammer machine(s) were in shambles and towards the end of our cruise the ship had run out of some wines and beers.

The Windjammer Buffet machine closest to the entrance was usually a shambles after the lunch rush on sea days. Many flavors not available. The machine on the other side of the buffet was usually in slightly better condition but could still be out of things. They were refilled by dinner on the few days we ate dinner there. BUT, the Quantum had another machine one deck up, at Jake's DogHouse which we saw hardly anyone ever use, and always had full product. The other two machines on the Quantum were next to each other on deck 4 in Sorrento's Pizza. Convenient for pre / post dinner refills.

For basic Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Tonic, Club, on the Quantum there is an actual bar INSIDE Windjammer that can be used IF they have product.

Wonder which cruise you were on where the machines ran out of diet drinks on Day 2 ?

We were on 3nt Taster 3rd - 6th May and we used the machines constantly !

We found 5 machines in the Windjammer, 2 x in Sorrento's on the Royal Esplanade & 1 x at the Sea Plex Dog House - not sure if there are any more any where !

Edited by Clio1610

Yes it was the 3 day cruise but the first one, the one in April. That's probably why the machines were better stocked for the next 3 days as there were complaints about the soda machines and the general bar stock.

Does Anthem even have the freestyle machines? She will not be fully US based. Why put them on via Royal's thinking regarding the rest of the fleet.

If you wanted you could go to the bars and WJ and get an open plastic cup that they can fill with the basic sodas! Like the OP said you need a chip in the cup to have the machines work.

Does Anthem even have the freestyle machines? She will not be fully US based. Why put them on via Royal's thinking regarding the rest of the fleet.

If you wanted you could go to the bars and WJ and get an open plastic cup that they can fill with the basic sodas! Like the OP said you need a chip in the cup to have the machines work.

Yes Anthem has the freestyle machines. See post #10.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Yes - Anthem definitely does have numerous Coke Freestyle Machines around the Ship !

So do people who have a beverage package that allows use of the freestyle machines just walk around all day with their special cup? It seems a hassle to be doing that on a ship...

Just curious as we're on the Anthem TA this fall, and I've been considering a non-alcohol beverage package. Thanks.

Wonder which cruise you were on where the machines ran out of diet drinks on Day 2 ?

We were on 3nt Taster 3rd - 6th May and we used the machines constantly !

We found 5 machines in the Windjammer, 2 x in Sorrento's on the Royal Esplanade & 1 x at the Sea Plex Dog House - not sure if there are any more any where !

And there is another one in the Puzzle Room!

And there is another one in the Puzzle Room!

What are you calling the "Puzzle Room"? Are you talking about the crafts room on the upper level, starboard side of Two70? It's actually surprising that they don't have a freestyle machine in the Two70 Cafe somewhere, that seems to me like a logical place to put one... (or maybe just outside, so it would be available even the cafe itself is closed.)

But yes, you do end up carrying your "special" cup (it's an insulated one) around with you all day. Most of the time, it's got soda in it. ;-)

So the two new machines in Windjammer... are they next to the others there (like in Sorrento's?), or are they (say) further aft?