Toilet stops in Rome

AntFan68

This may seem like an odd question but I wondered if the P&O booked tours in Rome have toilets on their coaches? And what are the public toilets like once you get there? :confused:

Not the one we went on, but when we were there, there were some pretty clean public toilets at the drop off point at the Vatican.

This may seem like an odd question but I wondered if the P&O booked tours in Rome have toilets on their coaches? And what are the public toilets like once you get there? :confused:

Toilets around Rome? Friends mentioned they used Costa Coffee and McDonalds, but be prepared to Q.

We didn't stop at service station when we travelled to Rome. First available toilets were at the Colisseum. Then at the cafe where we stopped for lunch at the end of the tour, before free time.

I always head for a café. Some you can sneak into, otherwise it's worth a coffee. Just don't use the ones on the tourist beat or the coffee will cost twice the price!

If you travel up to Rome on the train, there are toilets at Termini station. They are chargeable.

If you're visiting St Peter's on your own, you'll find that there are toilets in the visitor's centre which you get to after queuing across St. Peter's square. (The queue is actually to get through security, not into the basilica.) My recollection is they were free.

We stopped at a service station on way to Rome and our bus driver told us where toilets were to use free as some places you need to buy stuff also there was a toilet on our bus but don't think it was to be used as no mention and we didn't stop on way back which took hour and Half back in April

We also. Stopped on the way at. Service station but not on the way back. The souvenir shop near the drop off point was pointed out to us and we could us the toilets there. Other than that your best bet is to grab a quick coffee or cold drink. And use the facilities there. Just remember it us much cheaper for a coffee if you stand instead of sitting at a table.

I can't understand why the excursions don't use coaches with onboard toilets. It would reduce the number of stops necessary as if you were really desperate to go you could use the onboard WC; just knowing it's there if needed would make most people more comfortable! I am fed up ending a day's excursion severely dehydrated because I have had to drink very little due to the lack of available toilets! It actually puts me off booking excursions where I know a long coach ride is included. So P and O lose revenue.