Two more newbie questions - pricing and tendering

grilljockey

I am pretty set on a sailing with Azamara that we would like to do in June of 2016. In doing some research on pricing, I have found pricing through my perferred airline vacation package (which is using what I assume to be a well known cruise only online travel agency as a third party) that seems to be offering pricing of about $1,000 less for a balcony room than what Azamara is listing on their website. Is this normal, or is it some kind of a teaser rate that may not be fully accessible? If it may be a legit rate, what are the disadvantages of going this way versus booking straight with Azamara? Maybe most people use sites/agencies like this versus going to the source. Sorry, new to all of this.

Second, is it safe to assume that there is frequent tender service throughout the day in each port? Or are there only pre-scheduled tender times a couple of times during the day?

I have used both the cruise line web site and online TA to book a cruise. Any online travel site or brick and mortar TA in the US will offer all promotions that Azamara currently has plus they usually offer their own incentives if you book with them.

Check out more than one online site . See the topic" Azamara Club Cruise Deals" at the top of this page on the right hand side.

It is not bait and switch,just remember that port fees should also be factored into the prepay cost of the cruise. Do a mock booking and you will see the final price you would pay if you book with them.

Welcome to cruising.

What itinerary are you looking at, for the summer of 2016?

I always book with my travel agent, but he's not one of those online agencies and it's always less money than booking directly with Azamara plus I get some other perks.

No need to worry about the tenders. Azamara runs tenders all day long. The only one you need to be concerned is the last tender back to the ship, especially if you're not doing an overnight stay in port. ;)