IsLand Buffet-new to Princess and Confused

tiessa

I am going on Princess for the first time on a partial transit canal cruise in January 2016 on the Island Princess.

Isn't Princess's buffet called the Horizon Court? Does the Island not have a buffet? I'm not seeing it on the deck plans. Or am I blind?

I am going on Princess for the first time on a partial transit canal cruise in January 2016 on the Island Princess.

Isn't Princess's buffet called the Horizon Court? Does the Island not have a buffet? I'm not seeing it on the deck plans. Or am I blind?

The buffet is held in the Horizon court located at the front of the ship. In most other Princess ships it's at the rear or on the newer Regal and Royal it's mid-ship but still called the Horizon court.

There are multiple buffet lines on a lot of the Princess ships (Cafe Caribe, Horizon Court). My cruise group prefers to dine at one of the restaurants and then after one of the floor shows, hit the dessert area of the buffets!:)

Yes, mostly.

Depending on the cruise makeup (and I doubt yours will qualify) when they have a lot of kids and poor weather, they will let the kids club use it for a period.

One more question since you all are so helpful! Is the Lotus pool adults only?

Thank you! I'm excited about trying Princess! I've only sailed Royal Caribbean as for the mass cruise lines. It will be nice to try another!

Edited by tiessa

The pool is supposed to be adults only but on a few occasions I have seen kids playing with the endless pool swimming current maker.

There was some confusion about letting kids into the area but recently they've changed the signs to let people know that NO KIDS ARE ALLOWED, even with an adult parent.

I haven't sailed the Island but from what I hear is that the buffet is a nicer set up than the Grand Class ships. Being in the front of the ship gives great views as well.

Enjoy your cruise on Princess. Perhaps you can come back and right a review and maybe do a comparison between RCI and Princess from your viewpoint.