Halloween Cruise.

My husband and I are going on a cruise over Halloween. I wanted to know if Royal does anything fun for Halloween? Should we bring costumes?

We've seen guest costume parades on the Royal Promenade.

Edited by clarea

Both times that we have cruised during Halloween there was a costume party.

There was party in the centrum on Serenade of the Seas and on Brillance they held it in the Colony Club past the Schooner Bar.

Some folks went all out and they gave prizes (nothing exciting) for best costumes.

PA310989_zps9a34b174.jpg

PA311003_zps9a0e6c4c.jpg

They usually perform the Flash Mob dance that has been practiced throughout the week as a volunteer activity.

We have not dressed up but still enjoyed going to the party & people watching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by ace1zoe2

We were on the Allure two years ago for Halloween. The Royal Prommanade was decorated and they had two parades, one for kids, and one for adults. There were several hundred in each parade and some of the costumes were really nice. They also turned the lounge, down by the comedy club and ice skating show into a haunted house. I don't recall the name. We will be on the Allure, for Halloween, again this year.

Hey! Which ship will you be on for Halloween? I'll be on Enchantment! I haven't quite decided yet on dressing up, but I've heard there is usually a costume party. I know they usually do the midnight party as the ship leaves Nassau, so I wonder if that will have a Halloween theme?

We sail almost every year, on RCI's repositioning cruise out of Boston, which always features a fabulous Halloween party in either the Centrum or the Safari (Colony) Club. The ship is fantastically decorated for the holiday and some of the costumes are nothing less than spectacular. Halloween is a fun time on Royal Caribbean.:)

We sail almost every year, on RCI's repositioning cruise out of Boston, which always features a fabulous Halloween party in either the Centrum or the Safari (Colony) Club. The ship is fantastically decorated for the holiday and some of the costumes are nothing less than spectacular. Halloween is a fun time on Royal Caribbean.:)

Yes, it is. I'm a night owl so it was even fun watching them decorate the Centrum late at night. I did feel sort of sorry for the workers who were then taking everything down late into the night after.

We are going on the Grandeur of the seas,. leaving out of Boston, going to Florida and Bahamas . This will be my 6th cruise, but I've never gone around Halloween time. We have always gone March or April. Halloween is my favorite holiday so I'm very happy that they do some fun Halloween parties and activities.

Thanks for all the feed back, we are so excited!!(:

I was on the Majesty for Halloween 2013, in Key West that night.

Some people dressed up, others didn't, there was a huge spiderweb and other decorations around the centrum, I think a costume contest? Pumpkin carving demo, kids activities (although there wasn't many kids on the sailing overall). We had a really fun time. Our cabin steward decorated the towel animals with our masquerade masks the entire cruise, mom and dad dressed as pirates.

I did Freedom for Halloween last year, it was a lot of fun. They had a costume parade and party on the promenade and Halloween decorations up around the ship. Lots of folks were in some great costumes. The review of that cruise is linked in my signature if you want to check it out.

• 4 months later...

My husband and I will be on the Liberty and we are bringing costumes. Last year we were on Disney and there were a lot of adults dressed up. And it wasn't even October but they still did it. I think they started the Halloween theme in mid September.

My friend & I were on the Grandeur of the Seas out of Baltimore last year. There was a parade & party in the Centrum. There was face painting for adults & then they took your picture when you registered & I think voted from the picture. I know we dressed early & went to dinner in costume. There was a dance party after the parade & it was really packed. I hadn't seen that many people all cruise. The kids were taken to different locations by the kids clubs' for trick or treat. Halloween happened to be the last night at sea so we had to get back to our cabin & change so we could pack our costumes in our checked bags & put them out in the hall by 11 pm. We had a really good time & would do it again if the opportunity arises.