Conquest - OV on Riviera or Inside on Lido?

I can handle a few flights of stairs, so I really do enjoy the bottom levels of the ship. So I would take the OV down low. I can take stairs when the elevators are being mobbed: before/after dining, before/after shows, getting off/on the ship in port, & debarkation. I only need elevators to get up to lido deck, and the crowds are scattered for that, so not usually a long elevator wait. Just feels much more convenient for me to be down low. I do like a window, and definitely love having a much bigger room, so $50 would be well worth it to me.

That being said, I have also been happy in interiors, as long as it's 3 or fewer people in there. I do not have clinical claustrophobia, so it's no big deal to me. Being real close to the pools, slide, & buffet is nice. So either option is a good one, and I would be happy with either. But I would prefer the low OV.

Without a doubt OV. On the Conquest, in addition to the window, your room will be considerably larger (185 sq ft vs 220 sq ft). Add a sitting area with a sofa and a coffee table. Also, you can expect a more stable ride than on the higher decks, specially midship. It's also quieter since you're away from all public spaces.

Unless you have mobility problems that would make standing in the elevator for a few extra seconds problematic, I don't see a reason to go with a smaller, windowless room, in a location more prone to motion.

Edited by Tapi

Without a doubt OV. On the Conquest, in addition to the window, your room will be considerably larger (185 sq ft vs 220 sq ft). Add a sitting area with a sofa and a coffee table. Also, you can expect a more stable ride than on the higher decks, specially midship. It's also quieter since you're away from all public spaces.

Unless you have mobility problems that would make standing in the elevator for a few extra seconds problematic, I don't see a reason to go with a smaller, windowless room, in a location more prone to motion.

I agree....:)

OK, so sounds like the extra space and light are definitely with considering. I am currently booked ES, if I CHG to the OV, I can still price match to higher categories or upgrade and keep my ES? Do I have to pay a change fee to upgrade?

You can price match and stay as ES. They will be happy to take your money without a fee to upgrade.

I am the opposite of everyone else. I love the darkness of the inside rooms. I also love the lido deck. I would keep my $50 and go with the inside lido deck.

I am also with you. I really dislike being down low. Always try to stay up on the Lido or panorama and most times will do an interior.

Title says it all, I have never been in Inside before but figured if I got claustrophobic I could be outside in seconds. OV is bottom deck only $50 more, what would you do? TIA

I would go for the OV on Riviera.

First of all, while I may be claustrophobic in some situations ie; elevators, I have never had that issue in an inside room on Carnival. The inside rooms I had were always spacious, and I do not spend a lot of time in the room.

I have however not ever had a room, inside or other on the lido deck, but if I wer to take an inside...lido deck would be great, because you are close to food, coffee, get outside to see what is happening etc.

The OV I had on Carnival was on Liberty, Riviera deck, just back of mid ship, and I will say it was one of the most smoothest, calmest, and quietest rooms I have ever had on a ship.

So I dont think you can go wrong with either, but if an inside room worries you, then I also say dont be worried about OV on a low deck/riviera. They each have their merits.

Title says it all, I have never been in Inside before but figured if I got claustrophobic I could be outside in seconds. OV is bottom deck only $50 more, what would you do? TIA

I would take the inside on the Lido. Much closer to the action and less waiting on elevators.