recycling clothing among cc members (part two)

I made my wedding gown...from a pattern...47 years ago. Have sewn a lot, but would rather make an entire garment than alter one. Way to go Marie! I did make patterns several times, but prefer a purchased pattern.

Edited by relic2

I made my wedding gown...from a pattern...47 years ago. Have sewn a lot, but would rather make an entire garment than alter one. Way to go Marie! I did make patterns several times, but prefer a purchased pattern.

I agree I hat to alter. Now I am shorting sleeves on my DH shirt, starting with taking off the cuffs and then the shoulders.

I totally agree, altering is tricky. I have made several wedding gowns one of which I made my own pattern for. Made many articles of clothing. Am currently making a California king size quilt, it's about my 50th quilt probably but the only one this big.

Yeesh, I tried to type 5/8...stupid tiny phone keyboard.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

No harm, no foul.:)

Yes, tiny keyboards. How DO those kids type so fast with fingers on both hands? I use one finger and still type the wrong thing or else I hit delete.:o:D

No harm, no foul.:)

Yes, tiny keyboards. How DO those kids type so fast with fingers on both hands? I use one finger and still type the wrong thing or else I hit delete.:o:D

I firmly blame autocarrot for most of the typos!

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Have been researching baby quilts so will be looking for material this week. :)Have two to make for twin grand girls. Should be fun!:)

What a lovely project. I love how you can personalize quilts.

Do you have something that belonged to the baby's mother or father that you could use in the quilt? Perhaps even pieces of something that belonged to the grandparents or other family members?

When I was young, I lived in Africa for 3 years. Shortly before I left, I discarded several items of clothing that I did not want to carry home in a backpack. The African servant (whose name was Two by Four-I always wondered why his parents chose that name) took me out to see the gorgeous patchwork quilt he had hanging on the clothesline. Africans don't waste anything, so the pieces were all very small. It would have taken an incredible amount of work to piece them together so beautifully.

Anyway, lo and behold, he showed me several pieces of my old clothing in the quilt. Those pieces represented years of incredible travel experiences around the world. I have always regretted not offering to buy the quilt and have it shipped home, but at the time I had very little faith in the African postal system. I would have treasured that quilt today. :(

Even if you had a pretty, traditional baby design in mind, you could still sneak a few pieces of family history into the quilts.

Have fun with your project and with your new grandbabies!

Anyway, lo and behold, he showed me several pieces of my old clothing in the quilt. Those pieces represented years of incredible travel experiences around the world. I have always regretted not offering to buy the quilt and have it shipped home, but at the time I had very little faith in the African postal system. I would have treasured that quilt today. :( !

Seems as we get older, we have more regrets. But the memories we have...! I love your story:)

What a lovely project. I love how you can personalize quilts.

Do you have something that belonged to the baby's mother or father that you could use in the quilt? Perhaps even pieces of something that belonged to the grandparents or other family members?

I have a friend who quilts and she had saved her father's flannel shirts. She made quilts for her 2 nephews, the grandsons. :)

Hello!

I have a nice black and white 2 piece dress to offer.(Free) Women's size 20W. Skirt part is black and top is white with silver and black with glitter. Very classy. Offering to the first person who would like. Just pay shipping. Should fit in a USPS Priority pack. It is clean and ready to go!

I am about to put up on Craigslist a nice size 14. Email if looking for a size 14.

screen name at comcast dot net.

Same goes if you are interested in this beauty of a dress!

Happy sailing!

I hope the picture worked. I was having problems with it. :eek:

rsz_2015-09-27_083007.jpg.915b5fef44bec96037f96d4eb5c68482.jpg

Good morning ladies,

Hope you all had a great weekend. We were in Las Vegas, as always, we had fun.

I will try to fix the dress as geocruiser have suggested. I will post a picture later on.

Also, when I am able to get off my lazy .... [emoji16]. I will post some item too.

Take care and have a great day.

Marie

When I was young, I lived in Africa for 3 years. Shortly before I left, I discarded several items of clothing that I did not want to carry home in a backpack. The African servant (whose name was Two by Four-I always wondered why his parents chose that name) took me out to see the gorgeous patchwork quilt he had hanging on the clothesline. Africans don't waste anything, so the pieces were all very small. It would have taken an incredible amount of work to piece them together so beautifully.

Anyway, lo and behold, he showed me several pieces of my old clothing in the quilt. Those pieces represented years of incredible travel experiences around the world. I have always regretted not offering to buy the quilt and have it shipped home, but at the time I had very little faith in the African postal system. I would have treasured that quilt today. :(

Just found this interesting thread and loved this story (above, probably quoted incorrectly) about the quilts! I never thought of trading cruise clothes...will have to see what I might have! Thanks for sharing!

Denise:)

• 4 weeks later...