Just received - delayed boarding on star in sf on thursday

rayandshirl

Princess just sent us the e-mail announcing delayed boarding on Thursday due to "higher than expected number of cases of gastrointestinal illnesses among guests caused by norovirus".

We're on Caribe Deck so we board at 4:00 pm

We're taking the cruise to Vancouver instead of flying and appreciate the early communication from Princess.:)

Princess just sent us the e-mail announcing delayed boarding on Thursday due to "higher than expected number of cases of gastrointestinal illnesses among guests caused by norovirus".

We're on Caribe Deck so we board at 4:00 pm

We're taking the cruise to Vancouver instead of flying and appreciate the early communication from Princess.:)

In this case you will probably have to adhere to the times. :(

We had delayed boarding before one cruise that left from Fort Lauderdale so that they could do a deep cleaning. We were flying down the morning of the cruise, so we did not have anywhere to go. Princess set up an area in the convention center for passengers to wait since it had more room than the usual terminal. We were able to drop off our checked bags, check in, then go to lunch.

I was on this one. We were able to get on the ship around 3 or so (I used the Platinum line, not sure about the regular lines) but they didn't allow access to staterooms until around 4:15 or so, and even then some rooms weren't ready yet. I think disembarkation started around 2 or so.

We were on the April 19th cruise and it wasn't the norovirus but a horrible upper respiratory infection that had been making its way around the ship. I got it on about day six ...didn't even bother to get off in Puerto Vallarta as I felt pretty ill. Towards the very end of the cruise, seems like everyone was sneezing and coughing. My DH ended up getting it on disembarkation day ... he is still sick .. so almost 3 weeks now. I still have a cough and seems to be in my chest more than my head.

We had a great time onboard up until the day I started to feel ill and not blaming Princess for this....obviously some passengers that boarded brought it on with them (or maybe some of the crew were sick?). Looks like the same happened but with a different bug for the Hawaii cruise. Being nearly 3 weeks in with this bug, I can only think I that I would have preferred the 2-3 days of the GI bug....I say that now but really, neither one is good.

Aside from the delay, embarcation in SF went well. Lines moved quickly and efficiently.

I wish I could say the same about debarcation. It was beyond terrible - see my post "The agony of debark"

Edited by MarkBearSF

We were in the cruise before and it was the Norovirus. Over 100 people were sick.....the ones that reported at least. Make the crew work extra hard for the last 10 days of our trip. Personally I didn't not see the extra cleaning happening that we had seen on other ships with an outbreak and the captain had to get tough with people who were not staying in their cabins as they were suppose to be.

We were on the April 29th cruise to Hawaii. Not sure when the gasto illness started but the rest of the cruise was the usual no salt and pepper, servers putting the rolls on your plates at dinner, etc. etc. In the HC you received your very warm plate and the staff put on it what you wanted. At one point the total number ill was up to 120+ and then no new cases.

The staff was cleaning everything all the time. If you sat at a table in IC, when you left, the washed the chairs thoroughly and tables constantly. You could smell the disinfectant. Luckily neither of us or our travelling companions were ill.

Our cabin steward told us his day started at 5:30 and after his usual routine, he was then cleaning until it was time to turn down the beds.

The Captain was very forthcoming everyday, twice a day with updates.

It was handled very well.:):)