Survey.... or scam?

shipgeeks

While in San Juan recently, we were asked to take part in a survey. Apart from age and gender, the only question was "Do you think cruise ships have a (negative) impact on the environment?"

We both answered No. We were then asked to sign our names to a long sheet, to verify that we had taken part in the survey.

Much later it occurred to me that the sheet could have been a petition to ban cruise ships from San Juan, which we had unwittingly signed.

Has anyone else had this experience? Are my concerns justified? Any thoughts?

While in San Juan recently, we were asked to take part in a survey. Apart from age and gender, the only question was "Do you think cruise ships have a (negative) impact on the environment?"

We both answered No. We were then asked to sign our names to a long sheet, to verify that we had taken part in the survey.

Much later it occurred to me that the sheet could have been a petition to ban cruise ships from San Juan, which we had unwittingly signed.

Has anyone else had this experience? Are my concerns justified? Any thoughts?

Did you check your pockets after they left. its a great way to distract you whilst there accomplices are stealing your wallet or money.

If you learn more about it, please come back and share with us.

I have friends in San Juan yesterday. When they get home, I'll ask if they heard of the survey.

Where were you when approached? At the terminal?

If you learn more about it, please come back and share with us.

I have friends in San Juan yesterday. When they get home, I'll ask if they heard of the survey.

Where were you when approached? At the terminal?

We were approached by two college-age kids while sitting on a bench in the park along the waterfront, near the refreshment kiosks and the big fountain (on the way to the cats). The paper we were asked to sign was many pages long.

Sounds like a pickpocket scam to me. Hope you checked your pockets an looked over credit card statements very carefully since then. Maybe even a credit check would be a good idea.

"Do you think cruise ships have a (negative) impact on the environment?" -

Yes but I took one here anyway. Without the cruise ship bringing me to San Juan, I wouldn't be here to take this survey. :p

I believe we did one of those surveys either when/after we got through with our tour. Sounds just about what you said. To me, it was just asking about San Juan and the cruise line, and what we thought about it. It may have been a scam, but I never noticed anything out of the way, and have not heard from anyone in regard to it since.