Cruising from Southampton

cisco 09

Hi guys. Could someone tell me which is the largest ship leaving from Southampton? My husband wants to experience one the larger ships (which seem to all RCI) I think it will be a one off and we will return to a more convenient size ship but he'll not be happy until he's had his fix 😀 Thank you.

That'll be Anthem of the Seas, new this season in RCI's (& the world's?) biggest class - Quantum class.

http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/live_information/shipping_movements_and_cruise_ship_schedule/cruise_ship_schedule/

JB :)

Biggest out of Southampton perhaps, but Quantum Class is smaller than RCI's Oasis Class. Just FYI. :)

Biggest out of Southampton perhaps, but Quantum Class is smaller than RCI's Oasis Class. Just FYI. :)

Oooops. quite right, mixing up my classes :o

Only ever seen Oasis out in the Solent (offloading workmen on her way from the shipyard in Finland) so difficult to gauge her size.

But I saw Anthem at berth in Southampton a couple of months ago & she's ridiculously big.

Is it true that taxis are available on Oasis to take folk from their cabin to the pools or dining rooms? :D

I know its not Southampton but if your husband is really keen to try big ships the biggest ship in the world (RCL's Allure of the seas) is sailing from Barcelona this summer. It is very reachable by both plane and ferry/train from Northern Ireland.

Isn't Allure scheduled to sail out of Southampton next year? Thought I saw something on the next cruise offers when we where on Anthem two weeks ago.

Edit: Ah, may have been from Barcelona then :) Thx Velvetwater.

/Nicolai

Edited by BigDane

Is it true that taxis are available on Oasis to take folk from their cabin to the pools or dining rooms?

I believe you can rent a Seqway...EM

Well don't that just say it all :D

My post in jest, but not far from the truth then.

I've been rammed by mobility scooters a time or two on various ships, looks like even more bruised shins on Oasis. ;)

Well don't that just say it all :D

My post in jest, but not far from the truth then.

I've been rammed by mobility scooters a time or two on various ships, looks like even more bruised shins on Oasis. ;)

My post was in jest also, but when they were building her, I said I wanted the Segway concession onboard. EM

Is it true that taxis are available on Oasis to take folk from their cabin to the pools or dining rooms? :D

That's funny. :D There may not be taxis, but I did see the Captain drive his motorcyle through the ship once. Seriously...true story!