Drink Recommendations

Gaprofitt

Hi All,

Getting on the Getaway this Saturday, we all have the UBP.. I'm not a huge drinker so any recommendations on things to try? In the past I have been an Almaretto sour guy and like Long Island Ice Tea. Are these still around? I know long island's are pretty potent, wasn't sure they are available. Any beers to recommend trying? Do they do black and tan, guiness and harp?

Thanks..

NCL is not known for its beer selections, though I'm told that there is usually Guiness aboard.

My recommendation would be that you try a "Dark & Stormy" if you haven't had one before.

(Also try a caipirinha. Oh, and for that matter, just work your way through the martini menu....)

Edited by quercus alba

Amaretto Sours are still around and still my favorite drink.

If you like mint, try a mojito. They come in different flavors like raspberry, mango, etc, but I find the traditional mojito is the best. Vodka and cranberry is also a good choice as well as banana daiquiris. Yum!

Have fun and don't drink yourself sick. You will want to remember parts of your vacation. ;)

I'm also interested in drink recommendations. What are the best frozen drinks besides daiquiris, frozen margaritas and piña coladas? Any special ones on NCL worth trying?

Get a Miami vice. It is a half pina colada and half strawberry daiquiri. Mud Slides are also frozen and pretty good.

6&8

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2173108

I hope this works.... somebody was nice enough to make a list...

I gotta try the rebellish fish.... and yes they still make Long Island Ice Teas, and they are good and lethal ( love them). If you get a Pina Colada get a floater of Meyers on top....yummy.

We can't wait till our cruise with the UBP.... drinks in the morning....noon....and night.

Safe happy sailing

One of our favourite blender drinks was the Mango Meltdown! They ran out of Mango at the end of the week, so we just switched to Peach Meltdowns, which were equally as tasty :)

As for the Mice Vice (my personal fav), they were doing a floater of Blue Curacao on the top.

A word of caution on the Rebellious Fish...check the raspberries to make sure they are not moldy. When I finished my drink, I noticed that mine were all black and icky. Next time I just told them to "hold the berries".

One of our favourite blender drinks was the Mango Meltdown! They ran out of Mango at the end of the week, so we just switched to Peach Meltdowns, which were equally as tasty :)

As for the Mice Vice (my personal fav), they were doing a floater of Blue Curacao on the top.

A word of caution on the Rebellious Fish...check the raspberries to make sure they are not moldy. When I finished my drink, I noticed that mine were all black and icky. Next time I just told them to "hold the berries".

Thanks for the tip about the berries.

What's in a Mango Meltdown?

Thanks

Safe sailing

I tried to order a milkshake using UBP....no go......so, I started ordering mudslides and moved to toasted almonds....yummy! While sunbathing, I loved mango meltdowns.......I learned of these drinks observing others[emoji41][emoji72]

I tried to order a milkshake using UBP....no go......so, I started ordering mudslides and moved to toasted almonds....yummy! While sunbathing, I loved mango meltdowns.......I learned of these drinks observing others[emoji41][emoji72]

What's in a mango meltdown? And what other flavors do they make besides mango and peach? Sounds intriguing...maybe for my sail away drink in July. ;)

Vodka, peach schnapps, and some kind of mango syrup. Replace mango syrup with peach, etc.

My hubby also really enjoyed Whiskey Fizz drinks from Maltings Bar.

1 1/2 oz blended whiskey

3/4 ozfresh lemon juice

1 oz simple syrup

3 oz lemon-lime soda

Both sound great!

I agree about the mojito bar. Bong is great, but he may be on leave now. I know in July he's going to come back to the Sun, before moving to the escape in October. Lorelie won't be back until July, I think. The Chocolate Cowboy will probably still be there, from what I remember of his schedule. You can't miss him. Even if he's not there, try jalapeno cucumber mojito. Fantastic! Never heard of one before I got on the Getaway.

Edited by CruisinHarvey
spelling - added content