DIAMONDS and PLATINUMS ONLY - NO GUESTS - OFFICIAL

Elaine515

I do think it should be "Plus One" however - and strictly enforced (easy to do - have them show the invitation at the door and allow one person in with them).

I disagree. It's a party for earned status. If one doesn't have the status, they don't have the right to go to the party. if a spouse doesn't have the status, then the other spouse should simply forego the party if spouse #1 would feel bad about being left out.

Lol, well then you end to get out more, come to CT where everything is being cut in all aspects of life. I thought you took what I said as absolute truth???

I love CT this time of year, and in Sept-Oct. Might have to do that.

Glad to hear it. Now I just have to wonder how many Plats and Diamonds are going to make a scene at the door when trying to get their non-Play/Diamond wives, kids, friends, acquaintances into the party. :D

That's going to depend on how well Carnival follows whatever guidelines they set. Every time a passenger bellows, weedles, browbeats, SOB stories a non Platinum or Diamond passenger into the party, you know they will post it here and on other websites. Others will then follow their example. Every time John Heard posts something about an exception he made, others will emulate.

Using the exclusive Diamond Captain meet and greet as an example, no one has ever posted how they crashed without an invitation. Yes, those gatherings may include on the invitation "and Guest" but I haven't read anyone who didn't receive the invitation demand that their non Diamond self be admitted and their children, new gold status spouse or Red card nephew.

That's going to depend on how well Carnival follows whatever guidelines they set. Every time a passenger bellows, weedles, browbeats, SOB stories a non Platinum or Diamond passenger into the party, you know they will post it here and on other websites. Others will then follow their example. Every time John Heard posts something about an exception he made, others will emulate.

Using the exclusive Diamond Captain meet and greet as an example, no one has ever posted how they crashed without an invitation. Yes, those gatherings may include on the invitation "and Guest" but I haven't read anyone who didn't receive the invitation demand that their non Diamond self be admitted and their children, new gold status spouse or Red card nephew.

I think those are all good points.

But let's look at the numbers for a second. Heald claimed there were a total of 1400 eligible invites to VIFP party on the cruise he has just been on. They divided it into 2 separate party events.

If they checked 700 people invites and credentials (under the old system) AND enforced, it would reasonably take somewhere between 350 to 700 man minutes (that's 5.8 hours to 11.6 hours) just to get the party door closed. OK, let's divide those hours by the number of checkers at the doors by what, say 6 people? The time is still enormous given the system, or lack thereof, they chose to use or have. So, they didn't really enforce and got rid of the largest contingent of otherwise eligible invites.

Now that the eligible guest list is substantially reduced to a few hundred on average (or less) they can easily check the invites/credentials.

We have always believed that they should have been, and think they actually will start now.

The company will likely change the eligibility for D&P to bring others if there is too much stink at the door from Diamond and Platinums, and/or eventually give them a choice to redeem a one time voucher for admittance OR free drink.

We still think it is a bummer that the firm got rid of the only sponsored social event for people with 29 to 75 days sailing on their ships.

But let's look at the numbers for a second. Heald claimed there were a total of 1400 eligible invites to VIFP party on the cruise he has just been on. They divided it into 2 separate party events.

If they checked 700 people invites and credentials (under the old system) AND enforced, it would reasonably take somewhere between 350 to 700 man minutes (that's 5.8 hours to 11.6 hours) just to get the party door closed. OK, let's divide those hours by the number of checkers at the doors by what, say 6 people? The time is still enormous given the system, or lack thereof, they chose to use or have. So, they didn't really enforce and got rid of the largest contingent of otherwise eligible invites.

Now that the eligible guest list is substantially reduced to a few hundred on average (or less) they can easily check the invites/credentials.

We have always believed that they should have been, and think they actually will start now.

The company will likely change the eligibility for D&P to bring others if there is too much stink at the door from Diamond and Platinums, and/or eventually give them a choice to redeem a one time voucher for admittance OR free drink.

We still think it is a bummer that the firm got rid of the only sponsored social event for people with 29 to 75 days sailing on their ships.

As others has already suggested, showing the Sail and Sign card for admittance should be enough. That would be quick.

As others has already suggested, showing the Sail and Sign card for admittance should be enough. That would be quick.

Yes, and as others have suggested, otherwise eligible could have duplicate cards made up at front desk and simply hand them to family and friends to flash and enter. So, I'm not convinced any of it was so simple.

Yes, and as others have suggested, otherwise eligible could have duplicate cards made up at front desk and simply hand them to family and friends to flash and enter. So, I'm not convinced any of it was so simple.

True, I never would have thought of that but then again, I don't spend a lot of time trying to weasel.

On our last sailing my son was late to met me and I don't remember if I left his invitation in the room for him or I had it. Anyway, he had his platinum SS on his lanyard around his neck and they Wouldnt let him in. This was two years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by arpie05

While we're throwing around ideas to prevent cheating, they could put wristbands in with the invitation. If you don't have a wristband, you don't get it. Simple & quick. IMO, anyone who throws at fit at the door should have their status revoked. There's no excuse for stuff like that. The employees have nothing to do with the policies & the cruise lines would be better off getting rid of troublemakers anyway. All the threats people make to get their way are ridiculous.

Then I would suggest that all duplicate cards be either blue or red...or some other color that would identify them as being duplicates and not originals...

Garnett

Then I would suggest that all duplicate cards be either blue or red...or some other color that would identify them as being duplicates and not originals...

Garnett

I think we should have RFID chips implanted with electronic locks everywhere, so that restrictions are in place, and when the ship sinks, it locks in everyone except Platinum and Diamond... muwahahahahaha...

While we're throwing around ideas to prevent cheating, they could put wristbands in with the invitation. If you don't have a wristband, you don't get it. Simple & quick. IMO, anyone who throws at fit at the door should have their status revoked. There's no excuse for stuff like that. The employees have nothing to do with the policies & the cruise lines would be better off getting rid of troublemakers anyway. All the threats people make to get their way are ridiculous.

That sounds like a good idea. Or, just match the printed invite to the card they carry.

Edited by eponym

Garnett

Ok, and then what? They can't enter because they have a duplicate S&S card issued? Not sure that's good either.

Let's face it...Carnival is most likely going to put into place basic, rudimentary controls to make sure the party is populated by the people they deem appropriate.

They're not going to protect this thing like it's Fort Knox.

Just a thought, but what about a scanner a the door to scan the cards. If it's already been scanned, the second person would not be let in. The technology is available and not expensive. The hospital where I work uses it to track attendance at large gatherings of staff.

Just a thought, but what about a scanner a the door to scan the cards. If it's already been scanned, the second person would not be let in. The technology is available and not expensive. The hospital where I work uses it to track attendance at large gatherings of staff.

Yes, something efficient like that. Could have been done long ago.

What's just plain sad is people are trying to come up with so many creative attempts to control entry because many people simply no integrity anymore. :(

They should do this for muster so people will stop hiding in closets and bathrooms and balconies. But that's a whole 'nother topic. Just thinking about how useful that technology would be.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Yeah, or they could just collect the existing invites.. oh wait, that's too easy. :rolleyes:

I think we should have RFID chips implanted with electronic locks everywhere, so that restrictions are in place, and when the ship sinks, it locks in everyone except Platinum and Diamond... muwahahahahaha...

Lol. Now that's a real perk!! First off the Ship when sinking. Actually they did that on Titanic didn't they?

Just off the Breeze yesterday. We did go to the party. I am Platinum, hubby is Gold. It was in the main show lounge. Majority of those in attendance were Gold as they did recognize the Platinum and Diamond. One thing I did notice.... you were asked to bring your invitation with you to present at the door. No one was checking???? I saw many coming in with no invite???

The servers had trays of some type of fruit drink. I asked if I could get a glass of wine instead and that was no problem. I think I had two glasses during the party. We had a nice time. I do hope hubby can come with me to the future parties as I am pretty quiet. I think allowing 1 guest should be ok. But, they definitely need to check to be sure you received an invitation at the door.

Just off the Breeze yesterday. We did go to the party. I am Platinum, hubby is Gold. It was in the main show lounge. Majority of those in attendance were Gold as they did recognize the Platinum and Diamond. One thing I did notice.... you were asked to bring your invitation with you to present at the door. No one was checking???? I saw many coming in with no invite???

The servers had trays of some type of fruit drink. I asked if I could get a glass of wine instead and that was no problem. I think I had two glasses during the party. We had a nice time. I do hope hubby can come with me to the future parties as I am pretty quiet. I think allowing 1 guest should be ok. But, they definitely need to check to be sure you received an invitation at the door.

New rules didn't start until sailings starting 15 May. You sailed prior to that date.