DIAMONDS and PLATINUMS ONLY - NO GUESTS - OFFICIAL

Elaine515

Good luck getting that drink after 5 on the last sea day. You will be in line with perhaps hundreds of other golds clamoring for the last tangible gold benefit.

Perhaps a thousand. Imagine how the bartenders are going to react to onslaught of free drinks last night.

Edited by eponym

You have, let's say, 7 hours and multiple bars to choose from. I don't see hundreds standing in line. Much better than all the people who stood in line outside the MDR waiting for bar service on the last sea day brunch because they didn't want to go in and have a sit down meal. And that was all past guests, not just gold.

Perhaps a thousand. Imagine how the bartenders are going to react to onslaught of free drinks last night.

Meh. A lot more people got the old sea day brunch drunk coupons that could only be used for a very limited time in one place and it wasn't a problem. Everyone is out and about the last night, this won't change that.

You have, let's say, 7 hours and multiple bars to choose from. I don't see hundreds standing in line. Much better than all the people who stood in line outside the MDR waiting for bar service on the last sea day brunch because they didn't want to go in and have a sit down meal. And that was all past guests, not just gold.

Yes, that is a distributed service approach.

Likely a previous strategy to thin the redemption of the drink offer when they did the Sea Day MDR requirement thingy.

My point was that there have been reports that bartenders don't like to serve the individual bubbles participants soda orders during the cruise - something about no auto tips to them for those, even though that is a paid program. Now with a focus on free alcoholic drinks (up to one thousand) to serve on last night after 5PM, the bartenders may not be pleased with that focus either.

I can visualize a third of the boat running around waving their paper vouchers after 5 PM looking for a bar to redeem.

We will know soon enough how this pans out, while cruising in June.

Edited by eponym

Quote:

Originally Posted by eponym View Post

Hi -

Where is this information published?

Thank you.

This was an answer to a question on John's facebook page.

Actually, I didn't see this on John's FB page. I am a follower and it didn't appear on my timeline either. Am I missing something? There are several posts on CC that people said are on John's FB page that I don't see. Where exactly should I be looking?? Anyone know?

I spent a few minutes looking too, and did not see. So, even if it is, is certainly is buried.

Actually it wasn't posted by John that you would find it if you're only reading his posts... It has been posted by John responding to someone who asked him "I am Diamond or I am Platinum, my wife/husband/cabin mate are not, can I bring them with me to the Past Guest Party" is where John has said NO...

Leaving in an hour to board the Carnival Glory and will report back how what should be the first Platinum/Diamond ONLY Past Guest Party went... Curious if we're going to get an invitation, are they going to check our Sign n Sail cards, are they really going to stop passengers who are not Platinum/Diamond from entering, where they'll going to hold the party and what, if any real changes, are obvious...

Meh. A lot more people got the old sea day brunch drunk coupons that could only be used for a very limited time in one place and it wasn't a problem. Everyone is out and about the last night, this won't change that.

Not going to change people being out and about on the last evening? Meh. I have no idea about that.

So, if it's real busy, as you say, the bartenders won't want to be bogged down with a thousand free drinks with no auto tips.

Actually it wasn't posted by John that you would find it if you're only reading his posts... It has been posted by John responding to someone who asked him "I am Diamond or I am Platinum, my wife/husband/cabin mate are not, can I bring them with me to the Past Guest Party" is where John has said NO...

Leaving in an hour to board the Carnival Glory and will report back how what should be the first Platinum/Diamond ONLY Past Guest Party went... Curious if we're going to get an invitation, are they going to check our Sign n Sail cards, are they really going to stop passengers who are not Platinum/Diamond from entering, where they'll going to hold the party and what, if any real changes, are obvious...

Oh, yes, buried in the mass then.

There should be 75% less people in attendance.

Have a great time on your cruise!

Edited by eponym

Be interested to hear how it went as well, please come back and tell us.

John hope you can answer this. If you want to send me a personal message please do. If you are traveling with a person who is not a platinum or diamond and they are staying in your state room will they be allowed to the party with the diamond or platinum guest. I know new rules are coming but I am sailing soon

Justin D

Elaine John answered this a few days ago... John Heald I did indeed speak with the senior beards and they are saying that it is only for VIFPs and not for those they are traveling with. You see this way it remains a very exclusive party and especially with the new format, food and drinks we will serve it needs to be so. I think this is something that we will have to look at carefully bit for now that is the r

John Heald I am afraid not Justin. The current rules are that this is an exclusive party. We shall monitor this and see what happens and if you have any concerns or follow up or need anything please do ask me. cheers

This is my post to him Cheers

Is what it is with taking someone with me to the Past Guest party.. I travel with different friends all the time most are not P or D ..

I am still LOL that we can still bring a guest when we meet the captain.

Last cruise we were on the bridge when we docked in Cozmel.

Cuts to programs is something we face everyday in life .. I understand people being upset about the party, i did like meeting lots of people. Still be thankful you are on vacation

Look at the biggest cut for a lot of us over the last few years in wadges, medical benefits and pensions/ retirement benefits Much much worse than getting cut out of the party

My thoughts

Edited by Jdfireman

Is what it is with taking someone with me to the Past Guest party.. I travel with different friends all the time most are not P or D ..

I am still LOL that we can still bring a guest when we meet the captain.

Last cruise we were on the bridge when we docked in Cozmel.

Cuts to programs is something we face everyday in life .. I understand people being upset about the party, i did like meeting lots of people. Still be thankful you are on vacation

Look at the biggest cut for a lot of us over the last few years in wadges, medical benefits and pensions/ retirement benefits Much much worse than getting cut out of the party

My thoughts

Nice post, if you are going to bring reality in the discussion, then it will get quiet in a hurry.......

Imagine the bartenders during the party for one hour:eek:

Still not the same as having people standing around making demands while waving their drink coupon. At the party there are many servers walking around with trays of drinks that were probably made an hour before. The people with coupons are going to have to be serviced individually, not en masse.

Edited by n6uqqq

I'm platinum, and DH is gold. Since our 2nd cruise together, we've attended the past guest party as a couple. That was back when all past guests were invited to the event. I skipped the party on his first cruise because I thought it would be rude to ditch him. We were newly engaged at the time. Fast forward to 2015, married 10 years, and I still can't imagine ditching him just because he's a mere gold. Until we get more info, I won't know if the new format is one I'll mind missing...I wish they'd give platinum and diamond members a choice of either the party or a drink coupon, but I'm sure that would be too difficult to keep up with/manage.

Still not the same as having people standing around making demands while waving their drink coupon. At the party there are many servers walking around with trays of drinks that were probably made an hour before. The people with coupons are going to have to be serviced individually, not en masse.

Right.

On the other hand, I guess you could simple accept a drink off a waiter tray after 5PM anywhere on the ship last night in exchange for the coupon, and not even speak to a bartender.

Edited by eponym

Imagine the bartenders during the party for one hour:eek:

I don't ever recall speaking to, or ever tipping, a bartender during the 1 hour party. Much of what was served was premade.

Edited by eponym

Cuts to programs is something we face everyday in life ..

I understand people being upset about the party, i did like meeting lots of people...

Look at the biggest cut for a lot of us over the last few years in wadges, medical benefits and pensions/ retirement benefits Much much worse than getting cut out of the party.

My thoughts

No. Cuts to programs are not something I face in everyday life, and none of your examples have I dealt with in the past 20 years. Not one.

You are comparing vacationer incomes, medical benefits and pension/retirements with a frequent personal traveler party perk change or elimination? NOT REALITY, no matter what JIMBO says.

Edited by eponym

No. Cuts to programs are not something I face in everyday life, and none of your examples have I dealt with in the past 20 years. Not one.

You are comparing vacationer incomes, medical benefits and pension/retirements with a frequent personal traveler party perk change or elimination? NOT REALITY, no matter what JIMBO says.

Lol, well then you end to get out more, come to CT where everything is being cut in all aspects of life. I thought you took what I said as absolute truth???

I just hope they make better appetizers. And bring back the "put your card in the bucket to win something" deal they used to do.

Princess still does this but it's for 3 bottles of their cheap champagne. DH and I pray that we don't win one. We won one once and gave it to our DIL. I think it's still in their fridge. We just enjoy the party without the "win something" mantra.

It has been posted numerous times by John Heald on his FB page.

I really hope they don't make any exceptions to someone bringing a guest. That is a slap in the face to those of us who do not have a P/G family or friend to travel with and have had to earn our own way. Even after my 2016 cruise I will still have to cruise another 30 days to make the current Platinum number. That's another 4 year's so about 2020 if they don't change the days again.

There have been both work events and weddings where I was not able to bring a guest mostly due to space limitations and the cost factor. I did not feel insulted rather I felt happy to be invited to the event and understood the reasoning behind it. I went, mixed in and enjoyed myself and made an effort to be sociable to those I was seated with. The party is on 45 minutes long and not as big a commitment as a wedding or a work event that lasts 3-4 hours.

MARAPRINCE

Carnival can cut all they want in the end I am still a Diamond

The official word just came from John (of course really from the Beards)... After someone asked him if a spouse or only one other person traveling with a Diamond or Platinum passenger can also attend the Past Guest Party...

John Heald I did indeed speak with the senior beards and they are saying that it is only for VIFPs and not for those they are traveling with. You see this way it remains a very exclusive party and especially with the new format, food and drinks we will serve it needs to be so. I think this is something that we will have to look at carefully bit for now that is the rule

I'll let you guys all know in about a week as I'm on the May 16th Glory, first sailing where this is suppose to start...

Glad to hear it. Now I just have to wonder how many Plats and Diamonds are going to make a scene at the door when trying to get their non-Play/Diamond wives, kids, friends, acquaintances into the party. :D