Aarp gift cards!!!!!!!!!!

mabones

Didn't even look on here, logged onto AARP rewards to get some points and behold...they were there! Already bought 5 but got one more.

I saw someone post about CCL GC on Verizon but didn't read the post - just the title - so didn't know they were talking about Verizon.

I clicked on AARP Rewards & was excited to see that they were available. Our B2B cruises are paid for, but I'll put 1/2 on each cruise for our S&S acct.

Usually, by the time I read about it, they are long gone.

I ordered 5 gift cards on 9/24 and then ordered 4 on 10/1. Both arrived today and to be perfectly honest the 5 would have been here yesterday but I wasn't able to be here to sign for them so from this point forward I will just split the order into two!! I'm sticking with quicker shipping and snail mail.

Can anyone tell me if I put my $1000. in GC on my s&s account and don't use it all onboard..do I get cash, check/ back?

This is from the CC web site.............

Q: Can I receive a refund on any unused portion of the Carnival Gift Card amount that was applied towards my Sail and Sign account while onboard?

A: Any unused portion or overage of the Gift Card that was applied toward your Sail and Sign account will be issued in the form of another Carnival Gift Card

I didn't know for about 3 cruises either but no it's not new.

Cool option, did not know this was possible, so did you just use the gift cards for your S&S card?

If so did you do this when you embarked, you were not asked for a CC?

Edited by RaiderFaninNM

Cool option, did not know this was possible, so did you just use the gift cards for your S&S card?

If so did you do this when you embarked, you were not asked for a CC?

I had a couple hundred in obc from price drops and TA obc. The rest was gift cards. No cash. No credit cards. Same with my sister. I went to the kiosk the last night after we were finished all spending and withdrew all but $10 for St. Jude. I had gone through the obc by the last night, so yes the cash I took out was loaded from gift cards.

Just as a reminder...many of us are on instant notification for this thread because the purpose is to notify us of when aarp gift cards are available for purchase.

By the way, because of this notification I ordered another $500 this past week and got the email yesterday that they are on their way UPS! Thanks to those who posted the notification!

Just as a reminder...many of us are on instant notification for this thread because the purpose is to notify us of when aarp gift cards are available for purchase.

By the way, because of this notification I ordered another $500 this past week and got the email yesterday that they are on their way UPS! Thanks to those who posted the notification!

You don't have to remind me of that. I've been subscribed for months. Everything discussed on here is relevant to the gift cards themselves. I don't participate in every discussion although I get notification of every post.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

You don't have to remind me of that. I've been subscribed for months. Everything discussed on here is relevant to the gift cards themselves. I don't participate in every discussion although I get notification of every post.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

How do you get instant notifications?

upper yellow left bar click on User PC

choose from left menu list subscriptions

see list of subscriptions threads

scroll find this one

click box notifications for instance

hope that helps

I found the list subscriptions but didn't find the next step. Where and how do you scroll from there?

I found the list subscriptions but didn't find the next step. Where and how do you scroll from there?

If you are using your PC, instead of that route, try this:

Go to the first post on this page, just above the post you will see:

Click on THREAD TOOLS and it will lead you to the page where you subscribe. In the box that says "Notification Type", select "Instant notification by e-mail". Then click on "Add Subscription".

That should do it.....

Edited by Rod in Az

All,

Sorry to trigger your email notifications, but I had a question regarding using a GC to purchase things from the Fun Shops. I just made my booking and am looking into possibly purchasing more GCs for either liquor/Cheers! program, but upon doing a test-check out on Fun Shops, it only let's me use my credit card.

Is the only way to use a GC for liquor/cheers!/fun shop items by applying it as OBC and purchase it on the ship? If so, I'll have the option of applying X amount from each GC to any given S&S account, right? For example, I have 2 people on the cruise but I have 3 $100 GCs, so I will split the GCs $150 between the two S&S accounts by doing $100 each, then $50 each from the final card.

If that's not the only way, what are my other options? Thank you

Edited by maustro

Maustro the Cheers package is available through the fun shops and can only be purchased ahead of time using a credit card. That's probably the one thing that I don't like about the gift cards, you can't use them to buy anything from the fun shops/bon voyage.

Once you load your cards onto your s&s account onboard, you can use the credits to purchase cheers or anything else onboard. ;)