Aarp gift cards!!!!!!!!!!

mabones

So, here is my question.

Will insurance pay up if you paid with a gift card.

I have seen where some say they won't pay.

I would think all you would have to do is provide a copy of your receipt from AARP and copy of credit card statement showing that you actually bought them and they were not a gift. I know since you only paid 90% that is all that should be covered. Anyone having dealt with this?

I am going to ask later when I call insuremytrip.

Just as I thought, the inventory was added some time after midnight. I was able to purchase my limit of five cards. Good luck to those of you still in need of the cards.

Yes, same here, I thought it was odd they were there, half way, man good to see they are being offered more often, twice this month so far......

just picked up Three need by 25 th of this month holding breath if they don't come in time I will use the Nov 5 Vista.

I was in the same boat. I order 500.00 worth 2 weeks ago. They still haven't been shipped. We leave on Monday for a 5 day cruuse. No biggie I will use them for my March cruise balance. :) Good luck. I hope u get them before you leave.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I was in the same boat. I order 500.00 worth 2 weeks ago. They still haven't been shipped. We leave on Monday for a 5 day cruuse. No biggie I will use them for my March cruise balance. :) Good luck. I hope u get them before you leave.

If you ordered 2 weeks ago and they still have not shipped then I would call. Mine have never taken over 7 days from the time I ordered until the time I received them.

If you ordered 2 weeks ago and they still have not shipped then I would call. Mine have never taken over 7 days from the time I ordered until the time I received them.

I have called twice. I called yesterday and they told me that it takes up to 5 days to ship after they confirm my order. Unfortunately they didn't call to confirm until this Monday. Next time I will call them and try to confirm the order right after I order. I was getting the digital ones before so I was not aware that they have to talk to you after an order is place that is over 500.00. I will Def use a different approach next time. :)

I saw a post once questioning if trip insurance will reimburse cruise if paid with gift cards.....does anyone know the answer? I have bought several cards.

I haven't seen an answer, but I don't see what difference it should make. The gift cards are just like fash, and I can't see why an insurance company would care how you paid for your trip.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

I saw a post once questioning if trip insurance will reimburse cruise if paid with gift cards.....does anyone know the answer? I have bought several cards.

I called the place where I am getting my trip insurance through yesterday and he looked at my policy and stated that it would be the same as cash. It did not specify no refunds on gift cards.

I have my email confirmations from aarp printed out and also my credit card statements where I purchased them and my printed receipt from Carnival. He stated that would be proof of what I paid for the trip.

I had seen a woman state that her insurance denied her claim where she paid for with gift cards but she never said if she had proof of purchase or if her insurance policy allowed them.

I would definitely check with your insurance carrier.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

I called the place where I am getting my trip insurance through yesterday and he looked at my policy and stated that it would be the same as cash. It did not specify no refunds on gift cards.

I have my email confirmations from aarp printed out and also my credit card statements where I purchased them and my printed receipt from Carnival. He stated that would be proof of what I paid for the trip.

I had seen a woman state that her insurance denied her claim where she paid for with gift cards but she never said if she had proof of purchase or if her insurance policy allowed them.

I would definitely check with your insurance carrier.

You used a carnival gift card for an independent insurance company? That seems odd.

You used a carnival gift card for an independent insurance company? That seems odd.

That is not what I said. I paid for my cruise with a Carnival gift card I never stated that I paid for insurance with a Carnival gift card.

I had read where someone stated if you get trip insurance, they will not reimburse the price of the cruise if you used a gift card to pay for your cruise. That was what I was talking about.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

If I get a card can I use the gift card to pay off the remaining balance of my cruise fare then if there is a balance on the card use the balance onboard?? Or does it have to all be used all one way or the other? Thanks

Any remaining balance on your gift card can be used to pay down your sail and sign account once on board.