Aarp gift cards!!!!!!!!!!

mabones

Maustro the Cheers package is available through the fun shops and can only be purchased ahead of time using a credit card. That's probably the one thing that I don't like about the gift cards, you can't use them to buy anything from the fun shops/bon voyage.

Once you load your cards onto your s&s account onboard, you can use the credits to purchase cheers or anything else onboard. ;)

I appreciate that. When loading cards, I have the option of "splitting" a card, correct? As in, $50 to one S&S account, $50 to the other account. TIA!

I would also like to add a GC question. If you book a cruise while on a ship are you able to use a gift card for the deposit?

If I use gift cards instead of a credit card for my sail and sign, would this work? Has anyone done this yet?

YES!

Once on board you can apply the gift cards to your S&S account by either the self service kiosks or guest services, as far as a deposit for future cruises I have no idea but see why one cannot?

YES!

Once on board you can apply the gift cards to your S&S account by either the self service kiosks or guest services, as far as a deposit for future cruises I have no idea but see why one cannot?

Typically when you book on board, the deposit for the future cruise does not get paid with your sail and sign account. It charges the cc on record.

Has anyone done this yet? I will try in January but would like to know if anyone has attempted this.

Don't mean to repeat it, but want to be 1000% sure as I just searched and could not find anything:

Can I split a gift card as payment into two individual S&S accounts? e.g. $100 gift card; asking Guest Services to put $50 into each account

Edited by maustro

Yes, you can use any amount (up to the balance) on the gift card, splitting it up any way you want.

You can do it at guest services, or at the self-serve kiosk...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Rod in Az

Yes, you can use GCs for the deposits when booking on board. I have done it twice and the computer screen has space to add up to 5 gift cards.

I cannot find a way to buy from the Fun Shops online with a GC, but I have booked shore excursions online with them.

Yes, you can use GCs for the deposits when booking on board. I have done it twice and the computer screen has space to add up to 5 gift cards.

I cannot find a way to buy from the Fun Shops online with a GC, but I have booked shore excursions online with them.

Thank you for this info! Do you just hand the gc's to the future cruise person and they input the cards?

Now, I don't know from experience, but I THOUGHT that I read you could call carnival and they could take your fun shop order over the phone.

Thank you for this info! Do you just hand the gc's to the future cruise person and they input the cards?

Now, I don't know from experience, but I THOUGHT that I read you could call carnival and they could take your fun shop order over the phone.

I used Carnival Gift Cards that I had purchased at Kroger to pay a deposit on my Future Cruise at the Future Cruise Desk for my upcoming November cruise. I just handed them the cards and they used them for the deposit. I did this in Jan 2015.

You can use the gift card at the kiosk to apply to whatever sail n sign account you want. Note that they are applied to your account, but some ships in Jan 2015 didn't have the updated software to see that they were applied on your cabin tv. So if there is any question if it got applied, print out a sheet from the kiosk showing the payment. Don't freak out like we did when we couldn't see it on the Cabin TV!! Guest Services told us this tidbit.

Did anyone happen to purchase them today? I just logged on and it says "sold out" but no one even posted that they saw them up for sale.

No. Been checking all morning. The $500 ones disappeared then the $100 took their place as "Sold Out". Not sure what's going on.

No. Been checking all morning. The $500 ones disappeared then the $100 took their place as "Sold Out". Not sure what's going on.

Thing same happened on Verizon, $500's went away and $100's showed up as sold out.:confused:

Last week this happened also, first sold out appeared. Then showed the cards but when a purchase was attempted "no inventory available appeared". Sometime after 0200 hours EDT they were available to purchase. So set your alarm clock because odds are they will be available in the next 24 hours. Good luck in your quest for cards.

P.S. don't tell anyone else because, I am still looking for five more cards.:rolleyes:

Last week this happened also, first sold out appeared. Then showed the cards but when a purchase was attempted "no inventory available appeared". Sometime after 0200 hours EDT they were available to purchase. So set your alarm clock because odds are they will be available in the next 24 hours. Good luck in your quest for cards.

P.S. don't tell anyone else because, I am still looking for five more cards.:rolleyes:

That should work out great for me, I normally don't go to bed until around midnight or 1 AM now and I am on CDT, I will just stay up a little longer. :)

I have been trying for the last 15 minutes to get onto the website and it has been down.

It may be down or overloaded, I am unable to get to the rewards from Verizon right not also. I wonder if that is a good or a bad sign.

The $500 cards have been there and now the $100 are showing as sold out, weird stuff as the last time there was odd goings on with the cards.....

From what I saw when trying into the card site from Verizon earlier, I thing the site crashed earlier tonight. Don't know if they got overloaded or what, but when I tried to get to the site direct it was giving me an error some strange errors like it wasn't there any more. Now I can see it from Verizon but is saying sold out on the cards.

From what I saw when trying into the card site from Verizon earlier, I thing the site crashed earlier tonight. Don't know if they got overloaded or what, but when I tried to get to the site direct it was giving me an error some strange errors like it wasn't there any more. Now I can see it from Verizon but is saying sold out on the cards.

The AARP is showing the same thing, I am positive it is the same company that distributes them, hold on as they just might go up for sale later tonight or early tomorrow......

I noticed this once before when I purchased. NO gift cards for Carnival were showing available at all (not even sold out) on AARP, then all of a sudden when I checked at one point the $100 one showed up but showed "sold out," within 24 hours they were available for sale.

I think it may be a case of "pre-loading" the link before it goes live. IMHO

Edited by wemjam