Cagney's will be ala carte pricing

sjnyc323

Cagney's will begin ala carte pricing beginning with Escape before rolling it out ship wide

Great! If this is true I wonder how it will affect my UDP that I booked?

Maybe they'll be kind enough to grandfather those in who already have it?

Harriet

Great! If this is true I wonder how it will affect my UDP that I booked?

Maybe they'll be kind enough to grandfather those in who already have it?

Harriet

Harriet....GRANDFATHERED IN ?? Surely you jest!! NCL doesn't seem to know the meaning of that phrase.;)

We were on the Gem last week. Having read these rumors here on CC before we embarked, I asked one of the specialty dining reps about Cagney's going a la carte. She said she had heard the same thing but had no additional information about it.

I have zero interest in a la carte dining for dinner on a cruise ship.

Harriet....GRANDFATHERED IN ?? Surely you jest!! NCL doesn't seem to know the meaning of that phrase.;)

They did....at one time. We were grandfathered in with the DSC if we paid by a certain date.

I think they forgot how to grandfather after that. 1995171430_thumbsdown.png.5900a00a0012b74e06a6530dcc87935f.png

Harriet

We were on the Gem last week. Having read these rumors here on CC before we embarked, I asked one of the specialty dining reps about Cagney's going a la carte. She said she had heard the same thing but had no additional information about it.

I have zero interest in a la carte dining for dinner on a cruise ship.

NCL already had a la carte dining venues.

I wonder how that affects the cruises I have booked where I already purchased the UDP? Including the Escape this Nov 14th?

Secondly, will the UDP be offered after the a la carte is rolled out to the rest of the fleet?

I did notice the drink package and the dinning package are no longer a promotional offering....instead it is an onboard credit.

More changes to NCL.......but before complaining I realize the rest of the lines will be making changes to increase profitability. The days of super cheap prices are coming to an end. If the costs go up, I only hope the standards remain or improve and not be like the airlines........higher costs and less amenities.

Thanks Suzanne. Her source would likely get in trouble if revealed. It is a credible source within NCL. I'm also not surprised by the change since it's been rumored for awhile now. It was not a question of IF but WHEN and now we know the WHEN. :(

Yes, but still we don't know "who" and it can't be verified. It almost seems a waste to even mention it.

My guess is that the source is the same HD who talked to a passenger and was mentioned in the earlier thread. Still leaves lots of unanswered questions about the UDP and why they are continuing to sell the packages with Cagneys included. Does NCL never learn? If true, all those Escape passengers who bought the package ( I am one of them ) will be ticked that it has been potentially watered down in a big way, and those who had incentive to book because of the free UDP will be unhappy as well.

If I had to guess, I'd guess the UDP in it's current form, which allows unlimited use, will be replaced by something resembling the current promo which gives only a "dining credit". The limited use would make it much easier for NCL to control the cost that way.

But boy oh boy, I see another Storm brewing.

Yes, but still we don't know "who" and it can't be verified. It almost seems a waste to even mention it.

Answering the who on this forum does not get anywhere because people always yell it's wrong or misinformation anyway. The source is credible and a worker of Norwegian's. They haven't strayed in the past so I deem it credible so that's all that matters to me. :) Believe it if you wish to or not... up to you. :)

I hope whatever happens you have a great sailing anyway and get Escape to the US in one piece! :)

Correct... their sushi venue is a la carte. The noodle venue on the bigger ships used to be a la carte before becoming free.

I have zero interest in walking out of Cagneys with a bill of well over $100, plus 18% gratuity and service charge. Appy, $11.95, Soup or salad, $11.95, Steak entree, $34.99, sides $7.95 each, dessert $7.95.

I have zero interest in walking out of Cagneys with a bill of well over $100, plus 18% gratuity and service charge. Appy, $11.95, Soup or salad, $11.95, Steak entree, $34.99, sides $7.95 each, dessert $7.95.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is only the steaks and ribs with a price, and the sides are free (when ordered with an entree). That would make sense, anyway.

Heard it onboard the Getaway from officers

I do believe you, but many will not as it can't be verified. Was anything mentioned about the UDP package and when NCL plans to go public with this info, or can we just expect to find out on our sailings?:cool:

I do believe you, but many will not as it can't be verified. Was anything mentioned about the UDP package and when NCL plans to go public with this info, or can we just expect to find out on our sailings?:cool:

All I was told it will first begin with Escape no mention of dining plan or anything else

I believe it when I see it. The current term and conditions for sailings after July 3rd states that Cagney's is included and excludes 3 a la carte venues specific to the Escape. Even if they were to change Cagney's to a la carte anyone who purchased or had the UDP pre purchased or as a promo before they change Cagney's to a la carte would still get it per the current terms.

Also the fact there has been no word of other lines taking their steak houses a la carte. If I hear rumors of other lines thinking about making something like that a la carte then I'm more likely to believe it. IMO the only thing that will be a la carte is sushi/ tapas. Other places will probably just have an all inclusive cover charge.

Edited by wichitastatecruiser

Actually, if they upgraded the cuts of beef at Cagney's to Prime grade, which no one could convince me they now serve, and added items like Kobe beef steaks, I wouldn't mind paying ala carte. But I've never been a big fan of Cagneys, particularly the new menu, as I always thought the food was much better at Le Bistro - never quite could understand why LeBistro was cheaper....

Terry

Actually, if they upgraded the cuts of beef at Cagney's to Prime grade, which no one could convince me they now serve, and added items like Kobe beef steaks, I wouldn't mind paying ala carte. But I've never been a big fan of Cagneys, particularly the new menu, as I always thought the food was much better at Le Bistro - never quite could understand why LeBistro was cheaper....

Terry

I would pay extra for organic, grass fed beef. Since that is what we eat now, it will be hard to get me to spend money on the beef that they serve.

Terry

agree about Le Bistro - but, keep it down they may hear you. :)