Explorer of the seas - select drink package

We have included in our cruise the select drinks package and want to know whether or not we need to upgrade.

We enjoy a nice beer or larger in the sun.

What brands would this package get us?

Thanks

The Select package includes virtually all beers on the ship. I believe the only ones excluded are the Chimay 750ml and one or two others.

We couldn't find a beer/cider/lager that was over the price threshold so yes it includes all of them :) I wouldn't suggest upgrading to the premium unless you drink a lot of cocktails or spirits... my husband upgraded his which was well worth it as he drinks a lot of spirits :)

We also have the select drinks package for our August cruise. I only drink beer so mine is fine but my wife drinks spirits and cocktails so i will be upgrading her package. I believe it will cost an extra £140 approx for the 14 night cruise. So basically 2 or 3 cocktails a day and we are quids in. I think lol.

Sean:p

Be aware (as it caught us out!) that the Select package is the only one that doesn't include bottled water. We thought we would be OK for taking a bottle off on shore days, but no go! We did put it on our comment form that it seems a bit odd that the Select is the only one you don't get water with.

Simon

Be aware (as it caught us out!) that the Select package is the only one that doesn't include bottled water. We thought we would be OK for taking a bottle off on shore days, but no go! We did put it on our comment form that it seems a bit odd that the Select is the only one you don't get water with.

Simon

That is correct, but the next package up does include bottled water, so not only does the wife stay happy on the spirits and cocktails, she can also get bottled water which we can share (he whispers quietly) back in the cabin.

Sean;)

Simon

That is another reason we upgraded to the premium.. the bottles of water.

In fact the bar men were pretty good and usually gave us 2 so nice for the cabin.

We also have the select drinks package for our August cruise. I only drink beer so mine is fine but my wife drinks spirits and cocktails so i will be upgrading her package. I believe it will cost an extra £140 approx for the 14 night cruise. So basically 2 or 3 cocktails a day and we are quids in. I think lol.

Sean:p

Yes you are correct, difference between select and premium is $15 a day so around £10 a day. It is well worth it if wife wants cocktails/spirits. I was recently on Anthem, most cocktails are $10-12 so 2 cocktails and you have broken even! Another tip if you purchase on board credits from RCI prior to sailing you get a better exchange rate than your card provider. You can currently get $100 for £60 so our 3 nighter on Anthem cost me £54 for both of us to upgrade - bargain given I was having about 6 cocktails a day!

We couldn't find a beer/cider/lager that was over the price threshold so yes it includes all of them :) I wouldn't suggest upgrading to the premium unless you drink a lot of cocktails or spirits... my husband upgraded his which was well worth it as he drinks a lot of spirits :)

That's interesting...I thought to upgrade drink's package from Select that both of you would have to upgrade the package. My husband would be perfectly happy with beer and wine on the select package but I like G&Ts and bottled water so it is good to know that just one of you can upgrade.

Do you have to wait till you are on board or can you upgrade for one at the time of booking?

That's interesting...I thought to upgrade drink's package from Select that both of you would have to upgrade the package. My husband would be perfectly happy with beer and wine on the select package but I like G&Ts and bottled water so it is good to know that just one of you can upgrade.

Do you have to wait till you are on board or can you upgrade for one at the time of booking?

Rules have changed all adults in stateroom used to have to have same drinks package now you don't.

You can only upgrade once you board but really easy to do so as they have tables/stalls dotted around on first day to sell drinks packages just ask and they will upgrade.

Hi, there are four of us in our party, three of us have Select Drinks Package and our son the Soda Package (All Inclusive Deal). Myself and husband would like to upgrade to include Cocktails but my daughter does not, I thought we all had to upgrade to the same package, could someone help me with this please, thanks in advance.:o

Hi, there are four of us in our party, three of us have Select Drinks Package and our son the Soda Package (All Inclusive Deal). Myself and husband would like to upgrade to include Cocktails but my daughter does not, I thought we all had to upgrade to the same package, could someone help me with this please, thanks in advance.:o

See post #18 above, you no longer have to purchase the same package for everyone in the stateroom, just upgrade for you and husband and daughter can remain on select, your sea pass cards will show which package you have.

xx

We upgraded before we even got on the boat.. once you check in there is a stall to do it at :) then you can get on.. and go straight to the bar hehe!

The rules have changed regarding upgrading now.. only one can upgrade.. which is crazy really because they try and discourage sharing of drinks packages and that just totally encourages it but i am not complaining because (yes you can all strike me down and slap my wrists) but that's exactly what we did.

Ah yes, I should read before I post, thank you so much, cant wait, first time sailing on 9th August x :)

You will love, this is now our 3rd year in a row, love sailing from Southampton it's so easy. I am on the sailing before you xx

We upgraded before we even got on the boat.. once you check in there is a stall to do it at :) then you can get on.. and go straight to the bar hehe!

The rules have changed regarding upgrading now.. only one can upgrade.. which is crazy really because they try and discourage sharing of drinks packages and that just totally encourages it but i am not complaining because (yes you can all strike me down and slap my wrists) but that's exactly what we did.

Really because we both upgraded on Anthem at beginning of May.