Tunis or not?

jeanlyon

I agree - Malta is lovely but have been three times before and on this occasion won't manage the steep streets following knee surgery. Also it will be heaving with all those other passengers.

I find the narrow, winding medinas etc of the Arab countries - Tunisia, Morocco etc fascinating - love them - but accepted we can't go there. Just hoped for a replacement more off the beaten track like southern Italy perhaps.

We got the lift up to town on our last visit to Valletta....short level walk to the right as you leave terminal....queue but it moved quickly and there we were in ?Barraca gardens overlooking the harbour! Well worth the one or two euros it cost :)

We got the lift up to town on our last visit to Valletta....short level walk to the right as you leave terminal....queue but it moved quickly and there we were in ?Barraca gardens overlooking the harbour! Well worth the one or two euros it cost :)

Yes- did that on my last visit. No sorry - I am going to sulk!! :)

Anyway - I may yet have to cancel whole cruise as surgery has been delayed a week so may not be fit to travel.