Guys burger joint?

motleyfan

I tried the Guy's Burgers on the Breeze in October. It was a good burger, but I honestly don't know what all the hype is about. Maybe because I grew up in an area where real burger joints like Guys (as opposed to McD's) are fairly common. Regardless, if you like them, great. Eat all you want. :)

I think the "hype" is all about the type of burgers that are usually served on cruise ships - Guys might not be the best on land, but they certainly are the best burgers I've ever had at sea.

I remember an announcement that Guy's Burgers hours were changing based on passengers' requests but I don't recall when that was to take effect. Suffice it to say between the end of January and end of February, 2015. :D

It would be cool if they became 24 hours, I am thinking of going on a cruise for New Years Eve 2016, this is the first Cruise I'd be going to go on based on best deal not Cruise Line loyalty.

Interesting. We were on the Conquest last week of Jan and they were only open 12-6.

I believe that they are testing some different times for Guys on several ships. We will be on the Conquest in October and I hope they keep the new times.

I don't book a cruise for the ship and certainly not for the food venues.

Still, I've had Guy's burgers that I enjoyed. Others, not so much. I had a couple that were so charred I had to peel the outer layer off.

I don't want overcooked, well-done meat of any variety. I don't mind a little char, but I don't want it burned.

I like the fries. A lot. IMHO, the Fish & Chips locations should have fat fries. Those skinny fries are not correct. They can't absorb the malt vinegar!

We'll see if I have any better luck at Guy's on Conquest in a couple of weeks than I had on Freedom. The very first one I had was on Conquest and it was the best. It's been downhill since.

It would be cool if they became 24 hours, I am thinking of going on a cruise for New Years Eve 2016, this is the first Cruise I'd be going to go on based on best deal not Cruise Line loyalty.

Dont see 24 hours at all. They need quite a few people to run this so a lot cheaper to do 24 hour pizza with only one guy.

My husband and I love Guys! We are at the age now that the islands don't interest us, as we have been to most in the Caribbean, so we do sail for the ship. Everyone has different taste, my big disappointment was the Chocolate Melting Cake, couldn't wait to try that. Had 2 bites and have never ordered again..so to each their own.

Do they charge extra to eat here? We ate at Johnny Rockets on RC and they charged extra. It was really good.

No extra charge. It's included in your cruise fare.

Johnny Rockets on Allure was outstanding, but on Liberty not so much.

I really enjoyed Guys on the Breeze and didn't experience overdone burgers or soggy fries. I wouldn't sail a Carnival ship without it.

My husband allows me to plan the vacations completely. I say "lets book a cruise" and give him choices and he helps make the choice of what ship/itinerary and that's pretty much all the planning he does. BUT the #1 question he will ask that is a deciding factor for him for what ship we sail is "does it have a guy's burger?" He loves it that much. But compared to the ones Carnival had on the old burger place they are a million times better. Are they the best burger I have ever had? No, but they are up there.

Personally I think Guy's Burgers and Blue Iguana Cantina are the 2 best things Carnival has added on 2.0.

I have never been on a Carnival cruise, the only thing that would make me want to is Guys burger joint . as I'm a big fan of burgers I am wondering are the burgers really that good? Are they already made or made to order? How long are they open?

They are not that good but they are not bad either. Just nowhere near the hype. Hours are limited.

Well despite you laughing at yourself again, ;) that is exactly the burger you will get at Guy's they are quite done, much like steakburgers at Steak and shake, thin and crispy.

Now if only the fries could be Steak and shake fries!

LOL ;)

I had Steak and Shake today for lunch... I don't like their fries! My parents do... prob depends what you grew up with... no that's not it... they raised all four of us on various fries and I hate thin ones. ;)

Whether Guy's Burgers are worth cruising Carnival is quite subjective.

We love our burgers thick and grilled rare to medium rare. Guy's burgers are thin and are cooked well done. They are fried on a flat-top a couple dozen at a time. They go fast, though, so they don't sit around under a heat lamp. The burgers are assembled to order. I find them greasy. I don't care for Guy's fries because they are soft and mushy. I'm a thin and crispy fries gal. The toppings bar is amazing, I have to admit.

We cruise Carnival for the fun, larger cabins, price, Red Frog Pub, Serenity, etc. We'd never choose a cruise line for one particular food venue on the Lido deck.

I'm sure you'll get a lot of advice and info.

Have a great day.

This right there, a hu burger should be thick, juicy, pink thought. Not a thin slab of meat cooked one step below charcoal.

I have never been on a Carnival cruise, the only thing that would make me want to is Guys burger joint . as I'm a big fan of burgers I am wondering are the burgers really that good? Are they already made or made to order? How long are they open?

I got to take a ship tour on Sunshine last year, and my first stop was at Guy's. I can say without a doubt that they were the best cruise ship burgers I've ever had by a wide margin; and among the best I've had period. Almost to Five Guys level, and that's not an easy level to get to IMO.

If you like grease then Guys is for you I agree the fries are bad also . Got off the Conquest yesterday and the hours of operation were 12pm to 230 and closed right at 230 even on days where people were returning from shore. Opened again from 6 to 930.

To the OP, no, absolutely DO NOT cruise just for a burger. I cannot imagine any singular food item being worth taking a cruise for, no matter how much you like that food item. You can find amazing burgers close to your home, and they will be just as good or better than Guys burgers, no matter how good you would find Guys burgers to be. For me personally, I find Guys burgers to be a very minor step up from fast food burgers, and a very minor step up from the unbranded burgers on the ships without Guys. Some people will give the impression that they are the greatest thing that mankind has ever created, while some people will totally hate them. Most people will fall somewhere inbetween. If you take a cruise just to try a burger, the chances are very high that you will be extremely disappointed. You may still love the burgers, but you will most likely end up thinking that there is no way that this alone was worth taking a cruise for.

Now, if there is something else about cruising that interests you, then that would be different. I would still recommend not setting your expectations for the burgers too high. If you do, then you will likely be disappointed, as the quality of the burgers doesn't live up to the hype for a majority of people. I'm not saying that a majority of people dislike the burgers. Many people can love the burgers and still be disappointed, because the hype led them to believe that they would be even better than they actually were.

I also don't understand all the hype about Guy's Burgers. They are all right, but I absolutely don't like the fries there. I was on the Celebrity Summit in March and found their burgers much better. Their burgers were much thicker and their fries were so good. Very crispy, never limp. Many passengers were saying the same thing. So if your only cruising for the burger switch to Celebrity.